Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Need to connect Harmony Hub to CBK752

Stringztoo
Tutor

Need to connect Harmony Hub to CBK752

I purchased a CBK752 system around a month ago because I wanted to bypass having to use a Spectrum modem. After setting it up I'm very happy with the Wi-Fi coverage but I cannot get my Harmony Hub to connect to the WiFi. I read that it's possibly being problematic because the Harmony Hub only connects on 2.4 GHz.

I found older solutions of people separating the 2.4 and 5 gigahertz bands by using Telnet, but it looks like firmware updates have disabled the ability to activate telnet and separate the two bands on newer Orbis.

I seriously need to find a way to set up a dedicated 2.4 gigahertz band for my Logitech Harmony Hub because I run a whole home theater using it and if I can't get the Harmony Hub setup properly I'm going to have huge issues. I did create a guest Wi-Fi but I'm reading now that it does not make a dedicated 2.4 GHz band and after trying it out, the Logitech Harmony Hub would not connect to my phone during setup while I was on the newly created Guest WiFi...
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
Mikey94025
Hero

@Stringztoo wrote:
I purchased a CBK752 system around a month ago because I wanted to bypass having to use a Spectrum modem. After setting it up I'm very happy with the Wi-Fi coverage but I cannot get my Harmony Hub to connect to the WiFi. I read that it's possibly being problematic because the Harmony Hub only connects on 2.4 GHz.

Try changing CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 using the web admin portal at http://orbilogin.com, Advanced tab, Advanced...Wireless Settings.  I find that this maximizes compatibility with older 2.4Ghz devices.

The Hamony hub can be connected on a computer using their MyHarmony app and the remote plugged in via USB, no phone or phone app involved.  As others have posted, it communicates to the hub and you select the 2.4Ghz wifi access point as detected by the hub.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this over in the Orbi with Built in Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you. 

Message 2 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

Step 4 of the Harmony Hub Users Guide says to connect the smartphone running the Harmony app to the hub using Bluetooth, and then input the WiFi SSID and password.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/hub 

At what point in the installation does it fail?

Message 3 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@Stringztoo wrote:
 the Logitech Harmony Hub would not connect to my phone during setup while I was on the newly created Guest WiFi...

Devices on the Guest WiFi do not have access to the primary WiFi network unless that option has been selected in the WiFi setup.

Having to switch the phone from the primary WiFi network to the Guest network every time you want to control the Harmony would seem to be tedious. I would grow tired of it within an hour.

Message 4 of 9
Mikey94025
Hero

@Stringztoo wrote:

Try changing CTS/RTS Threshold to 2347 using the web admin portal at http://orbilogin.com, Advanced tab, Advanced...Wireless Settings.  I find that this maximizes compatibility with older 2.4Ghz devices.

The Hamony hub can be connected on a computer using their MyHarmony app and the remote plugged in via USB, no phone or phone app involved.  As others have posted, it communicates to the hub and you select the 2.4Ghz wifi access point as detected by the hub.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 6 of 9
Stringztoo
Tutor

Problem has been solved. I took the phone out of the equation and plugged the Hub and the remote into my PC and did a full factory reset / reinstall and everything connected fine. I don't know why the Hub could talk to the Orbi via my PC but not my phone... but either way it's up and running. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and help!
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure to update your other thread as well.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
ekhalil
Master

Great that you got it working.
By the way I have 2 different Harmony hubs at home working flawlessly with Orbi. I never had issues setting them up from my iPhone or configuring/managing them.
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7