Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Negear Orbi (RBK50) Device List showing the same device 18 times on both mobile app and Web page.

schooner16
Aspirant

Negear Orbi (RBK50) Device List showing the same device 18 times on both mobile app and Web page.

Negear Orbi (RBK50) Device List showing the same device 18 times on both mobile app and Web page.  I have the latest firmware and the behaviour seemed to start after a power outage.  Now everytime I login the app I can see the count of my devices and but when I expand to see details it shows the same device all 18 times.   The connectivity seems great still but its fustrating not being able to see what devices are connected to the mesh network.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Negear Orbi (RBK50) Device List showing the same device 18 times on both mobile app and Web page

Try resetting the RBR first. Turn OFF the RBS. Reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Check to see if you device is listed again multiple times. 

What is this device that appearing multiple times?? 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Negear Orbi (RBK50) Device List showing the same device 18 times on both mobile app and Web page

What Firmware version is currently loaded?

What is this device? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? If not, lets try this...

Message 2 of 8
schooner16
Aspirant

Firmware: Is latest v2.5.1.8

Device: Negear Orbi RBK50(router and satelite)

I have not did a factory reset.  I should do this right after the firmware was upgraded?  Seems extreme but will do it.  Factory reset on Router or both router and satelite?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Try resetting the RBR first. Turn OFF the RBS. Reset the RBR and setup from scratch. Check to see if you device is listed again multiple times. 

What is this device that appearing multiple times?? 

Message 4 of 8
schooner16
Aspirant

I will try setting up from scratch. Was just hoping there was a less extreme method to clearing.

At first it was the Apple TV that was listing multiple times.  Now its a harmony hub after a reboot.  I'm guessing it may be just the first device it recognizes.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like something is messed up on the RBR. Hoping the reset will clear this up. 

Message 6 of 8
schooner16
Aspirant

After factory resetting the router I can now see the devices on the mobile app and web page. Which is good news.  Performance and stability have been good to date but if there is one improvement I could mention it would be the mobile app and web page stability.  The apps/web page look and feel alright but since I have had the orbi the app it has shown many differenct behaviors.  First there was the no devices showing, but sometimes they would.  The renaming of devices debacle and now seeing all connected devices with the same name.  Hopefully the reset does it and and the behavior stays away.  The hardware(performance & stability) have been great but the software side could use some love and attention.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you for letting know. 

I would be sure to make a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Yes, the Orbi app could problaby use some tuning. Something to post about over in the Orbi app forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/bd-p/en-home-orbi-app

Please mark your thread and solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7