Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nest Hello connecting to a farther satellite when there is a closer one available

jdrednation
Follower

Nest Hello connecting to a farther satellite when there is a closer one available

I'm brand new to my Orbi AC3000 system. Both my Router and Satellite are connected via ethernet. The issue I'm having is my Nest Hello doorbell insists on connecting to the router instead of the satellite (which is considerably closer to the doorbell).

With most devices, I can deactivate the wifi and when reconnecting, the device will begin using the closer satellite. However, the Nest doorbell is hardwired to the home, so it's not a device I can easily unplug for a quick restart.

Is there a way to force the Nest Hello to begin using a closer node (thereby getting a much stronger signal)?
Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nest Hello connecting to a farther satellite when there is a closer one available

@jdrednation wrote:

I'm brand new to my Orbi AC3000 system. Both my Router and Satellite are connected via ethernet. The issue I'm having is my Nest Hello doorbell insists on connecting to the router instead of the satellite (which is considerably closer to the doorbell).

What difference does it make?  Does the Nest work?

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

@Retired_Memberhas a point.  If the Nest doorbell performance is satisfactory, I would be "grateful for small favors" and let it be.

My only Nest product is a thermostat, so I have no personal experience with their doorbell.

Perhaps there is a command buried iin the Nest app to "restart" the doorbell?

Another possibility is to "remove" and "add" the doorbell.  Was it mounted on the door and the Orbi's in place when it was first connected?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7