Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nest Protect Battery

jonandmarkuk
Initiate

Nest Protect Battery

Is anyone else having issues with getting a Nest Protect  battery to stay connected to the Orbi?

My Nest protect had been working fine for months with my previous Wifi setup (though never updated it's firmware for some reason). But since changing to the Orbi it will connect initially (even confirmed by Nest support) but fails to then check in afterwards.

I have tried everything I can think of and assigned it a static IP address, each time it will connect fine but then fail.
I'm  really struggling and as it's 1 month out of warranty Nest are only willing to offer a discount on a replacement Protect unit.

Any help with getting Nest protect to stay connected would be appriciated.  

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
scorpionro
Aspirant

I have 4 Nest Protect(s) (all of them are the battery powered model) and I didn't notice any issues. They were actually triggered several times by (over)toasting some bread slices and they worked reliably each time.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

I would contact NEST support as well and ask for there help and information.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7