Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nest Thermostat with Orbi

stanleyleecm
Aspirant

Nest Thermostat with Orbi

Ever since I installed the RBK50, the nest will not connect to it. Nest can't even find my router to connect to. 

Any idea?

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
morrisseysb
Apprentice

Re: Nest Thermostat with Orbi

Well maybe it is dead.  One of my nest protects the wifi failed and they replaced it.  Thats why iwould try tech support they may just send you a new one.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
cyberprashant
Luminary

Try a guest network. The latest firmware has issues 1.12.0.18 with some devices it seems.

I use nest with no issues but had to downgrade firmware to 1.11.x series
Message 2 of 13
timch
Luminary

I have a Nest Thermostat v2 and v3 working fine with my Orbi with firmware 1.12.0.18 in AP mode behind a BT Smart Hub.  The v3 is new but the v2 also worked fine with the Orbi in rouuter mode in earlier firmwares. As far as I understand it, the Nest only connects to the 2.4 MHz band.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 3 of 13
stanleyleecm
Aspirant

Thank you all. Will try to downgrade my firware tonight. 

Message 4 of 13
Stkasm
Apprentice

Nest v3 can connect to 5G wifi. I have two of them and no problems with the latest firmware

Message 5 of 13
stanleyleecm
Aspirant

I've have tried all the suggestions with no luck. I have a 3 Gen nest themostat. 

Message 6 of 13
morrisseysb
Apprentice

What security mode are you using?  I am using WPA2-PSK [AES].  I also have the 3rd gen and has been working fine on both the old firmwarre and the new V2.0.0.72 firmware.  When you go to connect it I assume it sees your network ok?

Message 7 of 13
stanleyleecm
Aspirant

I am using WPA2-PSK [AES]. Problem is Nest can't even find the router (It is not showing up in the nest wireless setup screen), all other wireless devices are working fine. 

I am tempted to buy a brand new nest to try. 

Message 8 of 13
morrisseysb
Apprentice

Have you tried Nest tech support?  I had to work with them on a Nest Protect that wouldnt connect.  They ended up sending me a replacement.

Message 9 of 13
morrisseysb
Apprentice

Also have you tried rebooting the thermostat?  Hold the ring down for 10 seconds.  The screen should go blank.  Then press the ring down once and it will start back up.

Message 10 of 13
stanleyleecm
Aspirant

Yes, tried resetting it couple times with no luck either.

Message 11 of 13
morrisseysb
Apprentice

Well maybe it is dead.  One of my nest protects the wifi failed and they replaced it.  Thats why iwould try tech support they may just send you a new one.

Message 12 of 13
stanleyleecm
Aspirant

Got a new nest gen 3 last night. It worked perfectly once I plugged that in. 

Time to contact nest and see if they can replace it. 

Thank you all!

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7