Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear, Orbi Mesh WiFi

MarkARockport
Aspirant

NetGear, Orbi Mesh WiFi

Cannot get my Orbi to download new update via WiFi from my phone.  Have tried multiple times to download via the NetGear, Orbi App, from my phone, wait the required time and app states that it cannot download.  I do not have a second computer direct wired to the net like the instructions for a direct update.  How does one go about downloading this update?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
ekhalil
Master

Re: NetGear, Orbi Mesh WiFi

Please try to download the software from the Netgear Support page: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBR20.aspx#download
Then please do a manual update using the Orbi web GUI.
Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Yes, do not use the Orbi app for the download.  Use a web browser to download the file and then to perform the update.

Message 3 of 6
MarkARockport
Aspirant

Downloaded the file from NetGear for the update.  My Mac will not open the *.img file that was zipped into the download.  What to do?

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please use a PC and web browser to perform any FW updates. Download the FW files for the RBS and RBR. Un zip them from the zip files. Update the RBS first then the RBR. 

Don't attempt to modify any .img or .chk files. those are not user editable or modifyable. Those are used by the system. 

@MarkARockport wrote:

Cannot get my Orbi to download new update via WiFi from my phone.  Have tried multiple times to download via the NetGear, Orbi App, from my phone, wait the required time and app states that it cannot download.  I do not have a second computer direct wired to the net like the instructions for a direct update.  How does one go about downloading this update?

Message 5 of 6
ekhalil
Master

@MarkARockport wrote:

......  My Mac will not open the *.img file that was zipped into the download.  What to do?

The .img file is the file that you need to use for the update.

1. In the web GUI go to >> ADVANCED >> Administration >> Firmware Update >> Manual Update
  2. Click on Browse and select the .img file that you previously downloaded.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7