Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netflix and Prime will not connect

Mdoherty770
Aspirant

Netflix and Prime will not connect

Cannot connect to Netflix and Amazon Prime movies 

Reset router and satelite, still having issues 

Not an expert, only follow what is in instructions 

Need help, 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
Robfed135
Aspirant

I fixed it by using web browser to manage. It automatically prompted me that it will change up to 10.0.0.1
I also fixed timezones problem it was on Lima Peru time. Fixed to my timezones.
Everything works.
It was blocking http sites international ones and no apple appbdownload or Amazon.
This started when I changed my Verizon modem and I now realized when I did I hadn't fix the setting on Verizon router like I did when I first set up orbi. But now orbi does it for you.

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 15

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

More description will help.  For example, connect "how"?  Using PC?  Smart TV?  Tivo box?  To the main web site?

Message 2 of 15
Mdoherty770
Aspirant

When connecting to the Orbi Device the Problem is with the Smart TV (Sony) and the Apple phone

• Smart TV shows Wifi with No Internet, or slow speeds when it does show connected and program will not connect both Netflix and Prime, Orbi shows connected on TV but Netflix and Prime say no Internet connection   
  • Apple Phone connects but when selecting links within emails I get 404 Error and links will not load 

It has been working fine for about a year, then I have to reinstall because system went down, since then I have had noting but problems 

Message 3 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

This is very strange.  Is Access Control turned on?  (on the Advanced Tab->Security->Access Control)  When a device is "Blocked", it is actually allowed to connect, but then is not allowed to do anything.  There are several threads on the forum about Orbi's blocking devices when they should not.

Message 4 of 15
Mdoherty770
Aspirant

I really appriciate your assistance 

• I go to the security tab, on the App, click on routers, Then on 3 lines at top and this is what it shows but there is no advanced tab, see screen shot  ( I have clicked on the 
  • On the app, in Home position, when I press the Home Icon, I see an RBR50 Icon , shows connected locally, click on icon and get error message "You are not connected to the internet"
Message 5 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

Oh no, the "app".  We Old Timers have spent our lives with computers and the Orbi web interface.  The experience is totally different.  For example, when I use the app and press on "Security", it brings up a screen wanting me to sign on to Netgear to manage my "Armor" subscription, but I did not turn on Armor.  (Nor did I sign up for Disney Circle.)

There is a similar thing on the app, however.  From the Network Map, press on the Router, and it brings up a list of devices and on the right side of the screen is Pause/Resume.  I have heard that sometimes a device gets "Paused" by accident when people are using the app and they do not notice brushing one of the toggles.

There have been other threads posted about devices getting blocked by the app and having to use the web interface to unblock them.

Message 6 of 15
Mdoherty770
Aspirant

Thanks checked all toggles and the are resume Maybe I should go to the web interface is this on the Orbi site?
Message 7 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Message 8 of 15
CrimpOn
Guru

@Mdoherty770 wrote:
Thanks checked all toggles and the are resume Maybe I should go to the web interface is this on the Orbi site?

Yes.  All of Netgear's WiFi routers, at least as far as I remember, have a builtin web server that provides the interface to control the settings and behavior.  Point any modern web browser at the IP of the Orbi itself, usually 192.168.1.1, and it brings up the administrative interface.  When Orbi's are taken "out of the box" or when doing  a "factory reset", the administrative user name is "admin" and the password is "password."  Users are urged (almost forced) to change the password to something more complicated.  This mechanism is especially convenient if the user has a desktop or laptop computer that can be plugged into one of the Orbi LAN ports.  The original WiFi name and password that are printed on the label are not needed at all.

Now that so many customers have only tablets and smartphones, Netgear has developed an entirely separate mechanism to control the router: the "app."  We are seeing more and more Orbi owners on the forum who have no "computer".

What has become pretty clear (to me) is that the two mechanisms for administering an Orbi do not always work the same.  It is almost like there are two separate programming teams.  (Netgear is not alone in this "March of Progress".  There are other WiFi systems which are set up only with an app.  They have no web interface at all.)

Sorry to be so long-winded.  My next step would be to open the Orbi's web host with a web browser and look at the Advanced Tab to see if it shows any devices being "Blocked".

Message 9 of 15
Mdoherty770
Aspirant

Well I opened the browser, typed in the number of the IP address shown in the app for the router and nothing happened.  

Message 10 of 15
Mdoherty770
Aspirant

It was provied by AT&T U-verse

Model number 5268AC-FXN

Pace may be the manufacturer

Message 11 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Mdoherty770 wrote:

It was provied by AT&T U-verse

Model number 5268AC-FXN

Pace may be the manufacturer

Message 12 of 15
gr8sho
Virtuoso

When you logon to Orbi via browser, use 10.0.0.1. Att routers use the same subnet as Netgear. Orbi will move itself to resolve the conflict. This should also clear up the access issue.
Also as was mentioned, avoid double NAT. This is accomplished by putting the Att gateway into DMZ+ mode. A new firmware update presumably resolved a severe performance issue, so check for that.
Message 13 of 15
Robfed135
Aspirant

I fixed it by using web browser to manage. It automatically prompted me that it will change up to 10.0.0.1
Everything works.
It was blocking http sites international ones and no apple appbdownload or Amazon.
This started when I changed my Verizon modem and I now realized when I did I hadn't fix the setting on Verizon router like I did when I first set up orbi. But now orbi does it for you.
Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Usually a reset of the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard will and should detect any router in front of the RBR and the setup wizard should set a new IP address on the RBR to avoid any conflict. 

Regarding modems with built in routers:

This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

For future reference. 

Enjoy. 

@Robfed135 wrote:
Everything works.

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7