Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netflix inaccesible desde Apple 4K

FranToledano
Aspirant

Netflix inaccesible desde Apple 4K

Hello everyone.
Strange behavior in this structure.
Internet access through ont and router of the operator.
Router netgear orbi behind the router of the operator to give wifi coverage to the entire house.
With this configuration, netflix on the apple tv 4k, connected by wire to the orbit router, works correctly.
If now I remove the router from the operator and connect the router orbi to the ont (I have the keys and perfectly activates the internet), the apple tv 4k has access to the internet (hbo, youtube, amazon prime, etc., they work correctly), but netflix does not connect
If I put back the router of the operator, netflix returns to work.
In router orbi, what I activate are the vlan for data, voip and tv and in the internet connection, the pppoe connection data and mac address of the router of the operator.

Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FranToledano
Aspirant

Re: Netflix inaccesible desde Apple 4K

RESOLVED.

Wan configuration. NAT filter -> open

with this, netflix on all apple's tv works fine.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem/ONT Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem/ONT for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 8
FranToledano
Aspirant

Thanks for the asnwer.

I've got independent equipment.

One ONT Nokia and one router Sagecom H500-S from my carrier.

If I connect the Orbi to the Nokia ONT (no router from Vodafone), Obit conects perfectly to the Net, but apple tv netflix app, lost access.

All other internet services and access works correctly from any pc, tablet, celullar, etc..

If I access netflix from a tablet or pc, it access corrtecly.

Only netflix app on apple's tv(one 4th generation and on 4K) lost connection (hbo, youtube,amazon prime, etc,.. connects ok).

If I put another time the Vodafone router besides ont and Orbi router, apple tv netflix app gain access correctly.

If I connect behind a dmz, I will have a nat besides a nat (double nat) and there is not the optimal configuration (ping, etc ..)

If I configure a Orbit as an AP, is loosing the router power of netgear, nor?

Any other ideas?

King regards.

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Please try using the DMZ. This will help with NAT issue which you seem to be currently in since the Sagecom seems to have a router built in I think. DMZ will be good for this if your ONT can't be bridged.

You can run the Orbi in AP mode as well however if you already have a router the line, then AP mode would be another solution since it's not good to have two routers on the same line. So try the DMZ suggestion or AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 4 of 8
FranToledano
Aspirant

There isn't best solutions.

More test.

Apple tv with fixed ip.

If I put in netgear Orbi DMZ the ip of the apple tv, netflix in this apple tv works fine.

I firmless think there is something in the configuration of the Orbi that blocks netflix access.

Netflix client service tells me that his apps don't use ports that must be open.

Any ideas???

Thx.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try using the modems/ONTs DMZ for the Orbi.

Message 6 of 8
FranToledano
Aspirant

RESOLVED.

Wan configuration. NAT filter -> open

with this, netflix on all apple's tv works fine.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Kewl. Glad you found a fix.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation