Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear 7300 will no longer connect to Orbi after Orbi firmware update V2.3.5.3

wlmasonii
Aspirant

Netgear 7300 will no longer connect to Orbi after Orbi firmware update V2.3.5.3

I have two Netgear 7300 extenders connected to my Orbi network. After completing the most recent Orbi firmware  update neither extender will reconnect to the Orbi router.

The extenders recognize Orbi's wireless. I have reconfirmed that I am using the correct password. I have tried factory resets without success. The firmware for both 7300s is up to date.

Interestingly, the Netgear 7300  extenders will connect to another router without issue. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear 7300 will no longer connect to Orbi after Orbi firmware update V2.3.5.3

I believe there was a recent post about someone with a EX7700 that would no longer connect to Orbi. 

I recommend you open up a support ticked and let NG know about this:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Would be interesting to see if they connect if you disable WPA security on the Orbi system. Re-enable after testing. 

Message 2 of 7
wlmasonii
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Good luck. 

Message 4 of 7
wlmasonii
Aspirant

Interestingly, the Netgear 7300 would not connect to the Orbi router even with password security turned off.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let NG support know about that. 

Message 6 of 7
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @wlmasonii

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7