Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Armor Blocks Sudoku and Smartnews URLs

TOB2
Aspirant

Netgear Armor Blocks Sudoku and Smartnews URLs

Starting 3 days ago, Netgear Armor began blocking URLs when playing Sudoku and reading Smartnews on my iPhone: Sudoku: trk118.onnur.xyz; Smartnews:  smartnews.link.  I have been plaing Sudoku and reading Smartnews for years.  Now, I'm getting upwards of 80 warnings within a 10 minute period about the identified links above. Why is Netgear Armor suddenly blocking these and how do I stop it?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@TOB2 wrote:

Starting 3 days ago, Netgear Armor began blocking URLs when playing Sudoku and reading Smartnews on my iPhone: Sudoku: trk118.onnur.xyz; Smartnews:  smartnews.link.  I have been plaing Sudoku and reading Smartnews for years.  Now, I'm getting upwards of 80 warnings within a 10 minute period about the identified links above. Why is Netgear Armor suddenly blocking these and how do I stop it?

Those are actually the URL's?  I tried to open them on my desktop and got a 404 (not found) for the "xyz" and something that was definitely not "News" for the second.

Message 3 of 9
TOB2
Aspirant

That is what the log is showing.  It has http:// in front of the URL and says it is SPAM.

Message 4 of 9
TOB2
Aspirant

I posted my question to the NETGEAR Armor board as requested.

Message 5 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@TOB2 wrote:

That is what the log is showing.  It has http:// in front of the URL and says it is SPAM.

This is a perfect example of why participants in the Armor forum have an "edge" in responding.  Does Armor create a log file?  Wow.  Who knew?

Sudoku and Smart News are iPhone apps?  You may not be the only app user to experience this.

Message 6 of 9
TOB2
Aspirant

The log is in the Netgear Orbi App, under the security section.

Message 7 of 9
CrimpOn
Guru

@TOB2 wrote:

The log is in the Netgear Orbi App, under the security section.

(Duh.  Hope somebody in the Armor forum is more helpful than I am.)

Message 8 of 9
Mstrbig
Master

This is why I never use any hardware protection. They always want to be too aggressive causing false positives. I get 404 error on first IP and the welcome screen on the second IP. If I turn my virus protection to the aggressive level and the second one gets blocked because of false positives.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7