Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C7100V set up options with Orbi

GJ23
Initiate

Netgear C7100V set up options with Orbi

I just upgraded my Internet speed with Xfinity to 300Mbps. I plan to replace my current modem (Arris AR TM822G) with Netgear C7100V. I have Orbi router RBR50 (firmware V2.1.2.18) with one RBS50 satellite and one RBW30 (plug in) satellite (firmware V2.1.2.2). 

The C7100V unlike my current Arris modem is a modem plus a router. I want to continue to use the Orbi system since it provides better coverage through out the house. 

Based on my reserach I've come across two options for the new connection/set up. 

1) Put C7100V in bridge mode so it acts only as a modem and let Orbi router continue to function as a 'router' with satellites linked to it. 

2) Turn off the wifi on C7100 and change the Orbi from router to 'AP'

I am not a networking expert and need guidance.

A) Do these two options make sense? And b) if both of these options are indeed realistic/plausible, then is one better than the other? 

Please and thank you. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only), RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: Netgear C7100V set up options with Orbi

Yes, those two option make sense. Neither option is better. It depends on what you want.  If you are happy with Orbi as a router, then you can continue to use it that way.  If the C7100V has some routing feature you need that isn't offered by Orbi, then you can run Orbi in AP mode.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Yes, those two option make sense. Neither option is better. It depends on what you want.  If you are happy with Orbi as a router, then you can continue to use it that way.  If the C7100V has some routing feature you need that isn't offered by Orbi, then you can run Orbi in AP mode.

Message 2 of 3
GJ23
Initiate

Thank you for replying. Appreciate it. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements