Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear CM1200, Orbi RB50 router and Ooma Telo

Chuckg1
Star

Netgear CM1200, Orbi RB50 router and Ooma Telo

I just replaced my Arris with the CM1200 and now my  Ooma Telo won't connec t to the Internet through the Orbi router? Anyone got this setup working? 

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you please describe more about the configuration?

Previously, there was an Arris product (model number?).

The Orbi router was connected to the Arris.

And, the Ooma telephone device was connected to the Orbi.

Correct?

The Arris was replaced by the Netgear CM1200, so the Orbi is now connected to the CM1200, and the Ooma remains connected to the Orbi?

Correct?

Message 2 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Since you changed routers, I assume you setup the Orbi to work with the router?

Have you rebooted or reconfigured the Ooma Telo? This may have to be done since the router has changed and the stored tables in the Ooma Telo may be looking for the Arris. 

Message 3 of 5
Chuckg1
Star

I got to to work after a couple reboot and resets so yes OOMA works with the CM1200 ! Phones are up.

One very weird thing, I had set up   "Services Block" in Security in the Orbi before and after plugging it to the CM1200, it started blocking all services to devices  ignoring the   schedule previously established, I had to delete all my security settings and recreate them. 

Message 4 of 5
Mstrbig
Master

Glad you got it to work. I'm finding on various Orbi models that sometimes a factory reset does not completely reset the router or satellites. It takes 2 or more factory resets to make sure the ghosts in the machine are erased.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7