Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear DDNS registration

TheRoadRat
Initiate

Netgear DDNS registration

I want to setup VPN service on my AC3000 Orbi and have to create a DDNS account. So I did registering my host as <myhostname>.mynetgear.com, my associated mail address and a password.

When I subsequently try to logon using this information nothing happens... Anyone tried this?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear DDNS registration

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem? Any router built in here? 

How is the VPN configured on the router currentlly? Using defaults? 

Message 2 of 4
TheRoadRat
Initiate

That is another Netgear router about to be changed to a newer Sagem ditto. But on my former ASUS wifi-router, also with OpenVPN support, traffic went through. It also featured a DDNS service and I had no trouble setting that one up.

Seems somethings wrong with the GUI since the netgear DDSN registration went fine, but I can't seem to log on to it. I don't know if it uses noip or netgear's own service? It just always replies: "The email/account specified does not exist" and the links for resetting refers to noip.com even though I try to use netgear's service... Not that consequent a GUI.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a different browser? 

Something you might contact NG support about to make there ther services is correctly set up and configured. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7