Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie 'Router Login' problem

Devonbiker
Tutor

Netgear Genie 'Router Login' problem

I have successfully been using Netgear Genie since I bought the router last summer (2016). In the last few weeks the Genie App on my Galaxy. iPhone and iPad have updated to a new interface. The router also has latest firmware but loggin into Genie is unreliable. Most time is will say LOGIN FAILED. The network connection is busy, try again later. If it fails constantly, power cycle your NETGEAR router and try again. Here's the problem. You have to power cycle everytime to fix this issue after the first suc esful login.

I am not paying Netgear to call them and pay for their premium telephone support - what a rip off!!!

I have seen others report similar problems under the review of Genie on Apple Store reviews.

Are Netgear aware of this? Are they going to fix this? Its not a setup isse or a device issue, its their blimmin software thats needs sorting out.

I would love to hear from people who have same problem. Thanks. Paul.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Genie 'Router Login' problem

Hi @Devonbiker,

The bugs have been reported to engineering and rest assured, it is being worked on. In the mean time, you can try uninstalling and re-installing the app or use the previous version for Android linked below.

http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=fy7upyHN6L

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7