Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie not working with Orbi on latest firmware

AniDutta
Apprentice

Netgear Genie not working with Orbi on latest firmware

Can't login to the genie app anymore after the latest firmware update. Anyone else having similar issue? The Orbi is a great piece of hardware, but the software interface (app) is crappy.
Message 1 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Anidutta

Are you able to use the orbi app and still use the web ui on the phone?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 7
AniDutta
Apprentice

@DarrenM

The Orbi app works, but it doesn't offer the functionality of pausing the internet on a device.  My Orbi is in AP mode, and i cannot do that on the web ui. With the Netgear Genie app i was able to do it till the latest firmware update even in AP mode.  After the latest firmware update, i cannot log in anymore. 

Ani

Message 3 of 7
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

The genie app on android works for me (V1.10.1.2) with one exception. Attempts to configure Guest Wifi state that it is not supported on my device.  Obviously, that is not the case.

Message 4 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

The genie apps were not designed to fully work with orbi but they can because of similar coding right now the best way to access settings is the web ui.

DarrenM

Message 5 of 7
OrbiPhilip
Luminary

But the WebUI doesn't have all the features either. For example, I cannot set device type in the WebUI.

Message 6 of 7
AniDutta
Apprentice

Darren,
For the amount of money, consumers expect a decent app. I call BS on your justification that web UI is the best way to interact with the system.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7