Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Genie parental controls 'You don't appear to be connected to the internet'

Embuff
Initiate

Netgear Genie parental controls 'You don't appear to be connected to the internet'

Netgear Genie parental controls won't run. Error message is 

"Checking router firmware. We're making sure you have firmware that supports Live Parental Controls. You don't appear to be connected to the internet. Please connect to the Internet through your NETGEAR router and try again."

Network Map and Internet Speed Test both work without issue. I have reinstalled the Windows app and rebooted computer and router to no avail. Windows computer is new, but the same issue is happening on other Windows and Macintosh computers that previously worked successfully.

Router: Orbi RBR50, firmware v2.1.2.18 (latest version)

Genie (Windows): v2.4.52

Genie (Macintosh): v2.4.32

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Genie parental controls 'You don't appear to be connected to the internet'

Hello Embuff

Have you looked at using the Disney circle parental controls?

https://kb.netgear.com/000038872/What-are-the-available-service-plans-when-using-Circle-with-Disney-...

DarernM

Message 2 of 4
Embuff
Initiate

I'd rather have what used to work continue to work. A cynical person might assume that the Netgear Genie breakage and the rollout of the Circle with Disney optional Premium plan fees is not coincidental.

Message 3 of 4
troubles
Guide

I too cannot get the parental controls to work and do not want to use the Disney parental control.  Why is there no fix to this.  There have been hundreds of complaints on the forums and other places.  Why not fix this!!!!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7