Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Have Closed Support Case WITHOUT RESOLUTION

Ulairi
Luminary

Netgear Have Closed Support Case WITHOUT RESOLUTION

Per this thread I have an enduring problem with my RBW30 Wall plug satellite. That was one of two problems that I had the was speed throttling, which was solved by two factory resets. 

I am completely unable to use the RBW30 because it causes disconnects on my son's iPhone 5S.  The fault disappears immediately after the RBW30 is turned off.  The other suspicious behaviour is that the RBW30 only connects via the 2.4GHz channel backhaul channel, even when in the same room as the rourter. 

Under the support case, Netgear RMA'd the RBW30.  However, the second RBW30 did exactly the same thing - both for the disconnects and the 2.4GHz backhaul connection - which in my opinion points to the fault actually being in the RBR50 router rather than the wall plug sat.

After the RMA not fixing it, Netgear support then asked me to capture fault logs for all three devices and send the logs to them via the support case.  I did so within a day of that request and sent them a week ago. 

However, there hasn't been any follow up from them in the intervening week.  Worse, when I go onto the support area under 'MyNetgear' the support case case doesn't exist anymore.  It appears to have been closed or deleted. The links that Netgear had emailed to me to communicate via the case also don't work - they only take me to a blank page for 'online case update' with no ability to enter text. There's no way to contact the case manager (Eduard).  The details on 'My Products' page are:

Hardware Warranty:: Available till 1/1/2020

Phone Support:: Not Available
Email Support:: Not Available
Chat Support: : Not Available

It seems that the only way that I can chase this up is to purchase a service contract and to start paying money, even though the fault originally occured in the support period, I have only had the RMA'd unit for two weeks and they gave me no indication that support was ending. 

They said this to me last week:

Case #: 30055790 
Case Summary: RBW30 - Satellite only connects to 2.4GHz band of the router and causing disconnection on iOS devices. 
Product: RBW30

Update from NETGEAR:

Hi Xxxxx, 
I am having this case now review by the team. Please stand by. 
Regards, 
Eduard 
Expert ID: 8305 
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert

Perhaps I was naive to think that this meant that they were examining the logs that they had asked me to go to some effort to obtain and would get back to me, rather than deciding whether to close the case?

Does anyone have any idea how to get in contact with them? @DarrenM?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 1 of 22
mike406
Apprentice

Same thing happened to my support case. Netgear changed their website without notifying users so the current support system is effectively broken. The case still exists I believe, but the website doesn't show them now. This is what happens when companies do not communicate to their users, as well as other departments properly.

Message 2 of 22
Redmoonstar
Luminary

I had the same thing happen with my Arlo pro case,  it just disappeared from my netgear. I did a live chat and was told they were undergoing maintenance and were unable to see my case,  they didn't know when maintenance would be finished so to contact them via live chat in 2 -3 days. Maybe try a live chat with your case no,  maybe the maintenance is now finished. I'm guessing it's the same as they are all netgear. 

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 3 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

@Redmoonstar wrote:

I had the same thing happen with my Arlo pro case,  it just disappeared from my netgear. I did a live chat and was told they were undergoing maintenance and were unable to see my case,  they didn't know when maintenance would be finished so to contact them via live chat in 2 -3 days. Maybe try a live chat with your case no,  maybe the maintenance is now finished. I'm guessing it's the same as they are all netgear. 

Thanks for the advice.  It would have been good to at least get notified on the landing page that site maintenance had taken normal communication functions down. 

But does that explain why the support case has also completely dissapeared from 'MyNetgear' account info?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 4 of 22
mike406
Apprentice

@Ulairi wrote:

@Redmoonstar wrote:

Thanks for the advice.  It would have been good to at least get notified on the landing page that site maintenance had taken normal communication functions down. 

But does that explain why the support case has also completely dissapeared from 'MyNetgear' account info?

They don't show up because they're migrating/implementing a new system. They should (hopefully) return whenever this is completed.

Message 5 of 22
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

@Ulairi

I will have support try to contact you again about your case.

DarrenM

Message 6 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

Now I'm starting to get really annoyed.  Three weeks ago, I sent in logs from the router and two sats and have not heard anything back.   

For two weeks now, Netgear's support website has been down.  I have been unable to access my case or contact support.  I'm not the only one affected - see this link

Now I get this cute email:

NETGEAR Priority Case # 05559602

** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL**

Your case has been reviewed and has been updated by a NETGEAR representative.

Please refer to the case number (Case # 05559602 ) in any calls and or correspondence with NETGEAR support.

Latest update from NETGEAR Support:

Hi XXXXX,
This is regarding my previous response to your online case. It has been a few days since our last correspondence. Please provide us with an update to your case, so that we may continue to work on your issue if there is still a problem. If there is no response from you soon, your case will be closed due to inactivity. 
It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day! 
Regards,
Eduard 
Expert ID: 8305
NETGEAR L2 Support Expert

To send a follow-up repsonse, click on the following link:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

If clicking the link above does not work, copy and paste the URL in a new browser window instead.

Thank you for choosing NetGear

NETGEAR, FOR THE RECORD:

1.  THE FAULT IS STILL OCCURING AND I CANNOT USE THE RBW30

2.  THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT (YOU HAVE THE LOGS THAT CAPTURED THE ABREANT BEHAVIOUR AND I HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM YOU)

3. I AM UNABLE TO CONTACT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR SUPPORT WEBSITE AND THE LINK THAT YOU SENT ME DOES NOT WORK

4. YES - I AM SHOUTING!

@DarrenM

Message 7 of 22
mike406
Apprentice

Unfortunately, the only way to update cases is to call, provide the case number and have the rep do it for you. I wonder if Netgear is even aware of this issue as they seem to be doing nothing about it. At least notify people about it.
Message 8 of 22
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes please call support if you case links no longer work and we are aware and working on the issues with the case system.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

@DarrenM wrote:

Yes please call support if you case links no longer work and we are aware and working on the issues with the case system.

DarrenM

If Netgear is aware that links are no longer working then why are they sending emails stating that there has been no communication and that the case will be closed? 

Why are they doing this when the ball is in their court? 

Why are they doing this when the fault is still occuring and they have done nothing to assist with resolution? 

Why should I have to chase them up via phone, in light of all of the above?

I'm sorry - but this is plain wrong. C'mon Netgear - you're better than this ...

Message 10 of 22
rivets
Apprentice

I finally got some email from L2 support. However the reply link is still broken, and the files suggested did not exist. 

Is anything happening about these support problems? Does anyone at Netgear even know about them?

Message 11 of 22
mpf541
Apprentice

@rivets wrote:

I finally got some email from L2 support. However the reply link is still broken, and the files suggested did not exist. 

Is anything happening about these support problems? Does anyone at Netgear even know about them?

A better question would be does anyone at netgear even care

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 12 of 22
JoeM845
Luminary

@Ulairi wrote:

... I am completely unable to use the RBW30 because it causes disconnects on my son's iPhone 5S.  The fault disappears immediately after the RBW30 is turned off. ...

This is a stab, but it should not be much effort on your part.

Older iPhones have been known to have problems with "fast roaming". You might try turning "fast roaming" off and see if the problem persists. The option on my RBR50 (AP mode) server GUI is under the "Advanced" tab -> Advance Setup -> Wireless Settings. Disable it on every Orbi that shows the option.

Good luck.

Message 13 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

This is getting farcical.

I'm still unable to o contact Netgear over the support case because  I can't communicate via the links that I am being sent via their emails.  The links takes me to a blank page. Also when I log in to MyNetgear.com, the case has disappeared from the 'My Support' page.

Now I have received two further emails.  The first asks for me to send netgear yet more fault logs.  I'm not sure how further identical data will help. I'd do that if there was any way to comply.  The case support officer (Eduard , Expert ID: 8305) also claims to have attempted to phone me twice - funny that my iPphone doesn't show any missed calls...

Now I have just received another email stating that if I don't make contact the the case will be closed.  But I am unable to make contact!

I have raised a new support ticket, citing all this, as this is the only way to contact them. There is no contact phone number that is available in New Zealand (that I have been able to find).  What a joke! (except is is NOT funny).

If I was being cynical I'd wonder if it was a strategy to tire me out - i.e. keep the customer distracted and deflected until they give up in disgust ...  

The only ray of sunshine is that the RBW30 has been able to establish a 'good' connection in the original preferred location.  So I have moved it there. It is still not working normally as it still only connects via 2.4GHz backhaul and it still causes disconnects on my son's phone when he's roams into its broadcast zone.  But he hardly ever goes into that part of the house with his phone so it's not such an issue.

The weird thing is that the other three iPhones in the house don't seem to be affected by the RBW30 causing the disconnects. 

Anyway - I'll keep posting on the continuing drama (difficulties) with getting Netgear support for this problem - to inform other people who might also be suffering under this debacle. 

Message 14 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 15 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

I have been sent another email by Netgear Support and I'm now able to respond via messaging on MyNetgear.  The original case details are still not showing on MyNetgear, but hopefully communications are now back on line. 

Message 16 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

Its not looking so good any more.  

It's now been over a week since I raised the new support ticket (#40099177) and no reply.  It's now four days since responding to the original case (Case # 0555960) once the support website links started working again and, again, no response. 

In the meantime I've suffered disconnects on other devices that are close to the RBW30 broadcast zone. 

I am now firmly of the opinion that Netgear don't know how to resolve this and are chewing up time with delay tactics. How else can you interpret their requests for multiple router logs and then not even having the courtesy to update me on the results? Couple that with their non-response to reperated requests for advice or response and the customer cannot help but form an opinion.  Maybe there's a fix on the horizon, but the complete lack of response does not fill me with and confidence.

My advice to anyone reading this - DO NOT BUY ADDITIONAL RBW30 SATELITTES, especially if you're hoping to pair with a RBR50 router.  There's a real risk that they simply will not work.   

Message 17 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

@mike406 wrote:

@Ulairi wrote:

@Redmoonstar wrote:

They don't show up because they're migrating/implementing a new system. They should (hopefully) return whenever this is completed.

It's over a month later and the original support case is not showing up. Nor have they had the courtesy to respond to the original case communication, a subsequent follow-up nor a second case opened to reference the lack of action on the first.  

Message 18 of 22
Ulairi
Luminary

The farce continues.  I have received two further canned email messages, asking for me to respond to the suppoert case.  For both of them, when I click the link it takes me to a Netgear Support page that has the following message "Invalid Token Value".

It's now been two months without any response to the original fault logs that I sent in and five weeks since loosing the ability to access the support case and make any contact Netgear support. 

Now that I've gone past being annoyed, I can dispassionately conclude that this is obviously an experiment in Pavlovian Responses (Link).  I'd guess that, somewhere, a study is monitoring how people respond to repeated requests for contact via useless links.  Surely there can be no other explanation?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 19 of 22
mike406
Apprentice

I can say that my current router will be the last Netgear product I ever purchase. Once it dies, I will be moving to another brand. This whole situation is abysmal.
Message 20 of 22
rivets
Apprentice

I got a “please let me know about the status of your case” message just now. But of course the support link goes to a blank page. What on earth are we supposed to do?

any ideas  @DarrenM 

Message 21 of 22
rivets
Apprentice

I was sent a message (by @DarrenM possibly) suggesting I changed my preferences and saved them. Thanks for the suggestion but it made no difference the support pages are all still blank......

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7