Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Mesh RBR50 and Nakamichi Shockwafe Soundbar Wireless

TheDarkSide
Guide

Netgear Mesh RBR50 and Nakamichi Shockwafe Soundbar Wireless

I have just installed my new RBR50 router and now I have issues with our Nakamichi Shockwafe soundbar.  

So, as a mesh user for the RBR50 router it seems there may be a dedicated backhaul Wifi channel at the backend for satellite/secondary device to transmit data with primary router.  As I understand it, this is usually unable to be configured to the operating frequency manually.  

So to avoid Wifi operating frequency inteference, which I am now getting, I udnerstand I need to turn OFF my mesh network routers, then turn on the soundbar to establish wireless connection with the subwoofer(s).  Stream audio to occupy the wireless connection bandwidth.  Then I need to turn on my mesh network router.

My question is I am supposed to use the "Channel Finder" feature (channel scanning equivalent) to search for non-congested WiFi frequency to establish backhaul channel.  This is the question, how do I do this with my RBR50?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: Netgear Mesh RBR50 and Nakamichi Shockwafe Soundbar Wireless

Can you please print the default starting frequency for backhaul in your system as follows:

1. From browser go to the router's debug page (http://192.168.1.1/debug.htm). Use your router's IP address or http://orbilogin.com/debug.htm
  2. Enter admin as user name and your router’s management password
  3. Tick "Enable Telnet" option
  4. Use Telnet to connect to your Router telnet 192.168.1.1 and enter admin and the same password as above
  5. Enter the following command:
    1. config get wla_2nd_hidden_channel
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7