Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear NTP servers down?

computersteve
Apprentice

Netgear NTP servers down?

Both my RBS50Y and my Orbi Router RBR50 are stating that they cant connect to the Netgear NTP server. I'm in New York on Long Island & this is the Warning: The Orbi Router failed to connect to NTP server, please check your internet connectivity or try another NTP server.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear NTP servers down?

Have you rebooted your ISP modem and the RBR to see if this changes anything? 

Try using a manual NTP server. 

My RBR50 in AP mode is reporting same:

Warning: The Orbi Router failed to connect to NTP server, please check your internet connectivity or try another NTP server.

Just tried time.nist.gov and that works.

Message 2 of 8
CrimpOn
Guru

@computersteve wrote:

Both my RBS50Y and my Orbi Router RBR50 are stating that they cant connect to the Netgear NTP server. I'm in New York on Long Island & this is the Warning: The Orbi Router failed to connect to NTP server, please check your internet connectivity or try another NTP server.

Google found me this site that checks ntp servers:

https://keetweej.vanheusden.com/query_ntp.php 

When I checked, time-a.netgear.com, time-b.netgear.com, and time-c.netgear.com all report status.  You might check and see what it reports for you.

Perhaps it would be worth trying to use a different ntp server.  Popular ones are listed here:

https://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi 

The Orbi ntp server is set on the Orbi web interface Advanced Tab, Administration, NTP Settings.

Message 3 of 8
computersteve
Apprentice

I tried. Still reporting the same thing. It’s something with @netgear servers. All my other devices using non-Netgear ntp servers are working (Windows, Apple)
Message 4 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

Message 5 of 8
Mstrbig
Master

@computersteve wrote:
I tried. Still reporting the same thing. It’s something with @netgear servers. All my other devices using non-Netgear ntp servers are working (Windows, Apple)

I use Netgear's Time servers and have no issues. So it may be that a hub is down in your area preventing you from getting to a series of Domains/IP addresses. This happens sometimes here where they are Hurricanes around. 

If it doesn't clear up, change to another server.

Message 6 of 8
computersteve
Apprentice

So, It seems to have gone away. Meaning its working now 😃 Thanks. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Mines still reporting it can't connect. I'll check it this a bit later. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7