Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi Ethernet connection drops

nlewis20
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi Ethernet connection drops

Every so often my PS4 that is hardwired back to the Netgear Orbi sattelite Ethernet port drops all connection. My Orbi has the latest firmware V 2.0.0.74. Why would it be dropping the Ethernet port connection? Could it be a bad Orbi sattelite? The connection back to the main router is good.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear Orbi Ethernet connection drops

First thing I would test is a new cable and even trying a different port on the orbi make sure its not a hardware issue.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 11
nlewis20
Aspirant

So I already tried replacing the Ethernet cable and port on the orbi. Still drops connection.
Message 3 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

distance from Router to Sat...?

How did the PS perform using wifi?

Message 4 of 11
nlewis20
Aspirant

When setting up the Orbi satellite it gave off a blue ring. So distance shouldn’t be an issue. The PS4 seems to run fine on the WiFi but speeds are far less than when hard wired to satellite. The PS4 and Orbi are sitting on the same shelf.
Message 5 of 11
Userunnown
Aspirant

My Orbi system just started dropping ethernet as well. It started December 1st at 1 in the morning eastern time. I have a Meraki switch that I can see loses the uplink port which is wired directly to the Orbi base station switch. It seems to be about every hour or so for a minute or less. It never dropped ethernet before this and it is consistently dropping now.
Message 6 of 11
Stridor
Aspirant

Same problem here. It drops both PS4 and PC on ethernet. WiFi ok. Have also changed ethernet cables (twice) to no avail.

Happens about once an hour or so.

Message 7 of 11
Userunnown
Aspirant

I did a couple things and it has helped. I dropped back down to firmware xxxx.74. I also turned off UPnP, moving my one route to a static route. I also corrected the timezone settings. I will probably try getting back on the .76 firmware today to see if it was not the problem.
Message 8 of 11
Userunnown
Aspirant

Updated back to the .76 firmware, UPnP still off. My ethernet connection has been solid all day.
Message 9 of 11
nlewis20
Aspirant

So my router is set in AP mode. So UPnP is disabled automatically. Not sure what else to do as my Ethernet connection to the satellite is still dropping suddenly.
Message 10 of 11
Userunnown
Aspirant

So, my router has been dropping and rebooting. My Eero system will be here Monday.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7