Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 Satellite WiFi not working over wired backhaul

Shloim
Follower

Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 Satellite WiFi not working over wired backhaul

I've set up my new purchased Negear Orbi Router and Satellite this week and conmected them via ethernet cable to each other. The main router works well and provides 600mbps wifi when sitting close to it, it also works well for wired connections and provides 900mbps easily.
The satellite works well on wired connections and provides the same 900mbps, but on wireless it doesn't provide connectivity to the main unit (I don't get an IP address via DHCP).
I have turned off daisy chain, turned on beamforming and MU-MIMO, but nothing helps.
When I scan my network I sometimes see the sattelite with 2 IP addresses (probably one for wired and one for wifi) and the router claims that the satellite backhaul is 2.4GHz instead of wired.
Both are updated to the latest firmware.
What's going on?
Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK50 AC3000 Satellite WiFi not working over wired backhaul

t sounds like the satellite is not properly paired. Did you follow directions and set the satellite up wirelessly before plugging it in? I would factory reset the satellite and pair again. Check and, if possible, change the network cable between the router and satellite.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7