Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK50 Login Issues

TBIRD2252
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi RBK50 Login Issues

I have an Orbi RBK50 with two coordinated satellites. Received noticed of a firmware update. Attempted to log in to my account w/Netgear and once logged in did not show I had registered any of the units even though I did when initially purchased. Two units registered in late 2017 and one in July 2018. 

Having difficulty attempting to update the Firmware. Using Apple Iphone 7 to connect to base station. Enter serial # to no avail. Any suggestions to correct? Thanks in advance!

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Orbi can be updated without using a Netgear account.  Are you able to connect the Safari web browser to the Orbi?  When it came out of the box (back in 2017!) the administrator ID was "admin" (and cannot be changed) and the password was "password", which most people change to something less obvious.

Once connected to the administrative web interface, browse to the Advanced Tab, Administration, Firmware Update.  It is important to update the satellites before updating the router.

p.s. The notice of firmware update, was it via an email message?

Message 2 of 4
TBIRD2252
Aspirant

Came by email

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

(sigh) Was afraid so.  I never got email from Netgear about firmware updates.  Maybe I didn't actually register my Orbi back in 2017.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7