Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi RBK53 upnp map not showing on firmware 2.5.1.8

townsmcp2
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi RBK53 upnp map not showing on firmware 2.5.1.8

As the subject says, with firmware 2.5.1.8 I can't see the upnp table in "Advanced - Advanced Setup - upnp" in the website, the page stays blank.

the reason I'm trying to see what ports are setup is because I need to port forward UDP port 123 to an O2 Boostbox but every time I go to set it up I get a message saying the port is already in use with another device but I can't see what device (I have checked all the other pages mentioned in the attached picture).

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi RBK53 upnp map not showing on firmware 2.5.1.8

UDP Port 123 is the port used by the Network Time Protocol (NTP).  Orbi uses NTP to set its own clock.  My guess is that forwarding UDP port 123 to a different host would interfere with the Orbi knowing what time it is.  In fact, every device on the network that knows about "time" probably sends requests out port 123 and expects responses on port 123.  If those get "forwarded" to only a single host, then nothing on the network will know what time it is.

Or.... I could be mistaken.  I often am.

Message 2 of 6
townsmcp2
Aspirant

Thanks. I guess that answers the UDP port issue for me (the O2 Boostbox seems to be working ok with the other ports set).
The UPNP map issue would still need sorting - @CrimpOn are you on the same firmware and see the same issue not showing the mapping?

Message 3 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

I have not created any UPnP maps (not even sure what that means).  My page looks like this:

UPnP.PNG

Message 4 of 6
townsmcp2
Aspirant

If you have a PS4 or do any gaming then you will probably have UPNP ports open as they self confer. Lots of devices do open UPNP ports

Message 5 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks for the explanation.   So many things I don't know.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7