Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi Rbk50

emstelon
Aspirant

Netgear Orbi Rbk50

I have the Netgear Orbi RBK50 behind the Ziggo modem, which is in bridge mode. in the beginning the wifi speed was high. almost as much as the provider delivers. e.g. 186Mbps of the 200Mbps supplied. So that's pretty good. I am currently not able to reach those speeds. How can I fix this?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi Rbk50

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What devices are you using to speed test? 

Do wireless and wired speed tests compare the same or differently? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Power OFF The ISP modem for 30 seconds then back on then walk thru the setup wizard after doing a factory reset?

Message 2 of 8
emstelon
Aspirant

2.3.5.30 firmware

Arris TG3492LG is the modem.

The measured speed is with the Samsung tablet. Wired I get 250 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload on the computer

Home is 1100sq ft. Have satellite on the second floor not even 30 ft away from the main router on the 1st floor.
I don't know if the neighbors are bothering me, how should I read a WiFi analyzer? See screenshot

I tried to change the channels and / or switch them off automatically. 2.4 GHz is set to automatic and 5 GHz to 36 Beamforming, MIMO enabled. Without rebooting Orbi and / or modem, speed became worse. WMM was already on. Do I have to restart the router and modem after these actions or should the change be immediately noticeable? You say: Try disabling the following and see: Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20 / 40MHz Coexistence only at 40MHz. Where can I find Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain? I can only switch coexistence 20/40 on or off. There has been no factory reset after updating firmware.
Message 3 of 8
emstelon
Aspirant

Message 4 of 8
emstelon
Aspirant

Message 5 of 8
emstelon
Aspirant

The last 2 measurements are better again after I have reset the values ​​as they were

Message 6 of 8
emstelon
Aspirant

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I would do a factory reset on the Orbi system and setup from scratch. Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button.Hold it in until the top led turns on AMBER then let go. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds than back on. Wait for the WHITE led to slowly pulsate on top of the RBR, then log in to orbilogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Which one is your wifi SSID name?

@emstelon wrote:
2.3.5.30 firmware

Arris TG3492LG is the modem.

The measured speed is with the Samsung tablet. Wired I get 250 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload on the computer

Home is 1100sq ft. Have satellite on the second floor not even 30 ft away from the main router on the 1st floor.
I don't know if the neighbors are bothering me, how should I read a WiFi analyzer? See screenshot

I tried to change the channels and / or switch them off automatically. 2.4 GHz is set to automatic and 5 GHz to 36 Beamforming, MIMO enabled. Without rebooting Orbi and / or modem, speed became worse. WMM was already on. Do I have to restart the router and modem after these actions or should the change be immediately noticeable? You say: Try disabling the following and see: Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20 / 40MHz Coexistence only at 40MHz. Where can I find Armor, Circle, Daisy Chain? I can only switch coexistence 20/40 on or off. There has been no factory reset after updating firmware.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7