Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi Voice (RBS40V) replacement adaptor

IamNaga
Tutor

Netgear Orbi Voice (RBS40V) replacement adaptor

Hi,

I bought my Orbi Router in USA which comes with Orbi Voice (RBR40V). And recently I moved to India. After few hours of usage in India, the Orbi Voice adaptor melted and stopped working. Then i realized the adaptor is marked as 100 - 120v. My bad, I ignored looking at the voltage label for Orbi Voice as i checked for main Orbi Router and it supports 240v, so assumed the same voltage for Orbi Voice too. Lesson learned.

Now, I dont find the replacement adaptor for my Orbi Voice (RBR40V). Please guide me to get a replacement adaptor, if not Netgear any third party works? Here is the voltate info from my Adaptor

AC Adaptor

P/N: 332-11039-01

Input: 100-120V ~ 50/60Hz 1.5A

Output: 19V --- 3.16A

Model: AD2003F10

Type: 107LF   BAH

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi Voice (RBS40V) replacement adaptor

Netgear doesn't sell replacment power adapters. 

You just need to make sure the adapter you buy in india has a matching output. so the same 19v, 3.16amp, and same polarity. 

A 3rd party adapter should work fine if those match. 

Message 2 of 6
IamNaga
Tutor

Thanks @plemans for responding. Sure, I will give it a try in local stores near me. The hardest part with online is finding the right polarity which i a not able to find any.

Message 3 of 6

@IamNaga wrote:

Thanks @plemans for responding. Sure, I will give it a try in local stores near me. The hardest part with online is finding the right polarity which i a not able to find any.

They are out there, believe me. The problem is in finding one.

The "voice" satellite is rare in having a 19 volt adapter. (It is also on the CBR750 Cable Modem Router.)That could be the challenge. They are, though, pretty common on laptops.

One option is to go for something that provides set of different tips. There are also multi-voltage, switchable polarity adapters.

You can also find adapters that proclaim that they are compatible with various Netgear devices.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

One other thing to keep in mind. Only polarity and voltage need to match. You can have HIGHER amperage because the rbs40v won't pull more power than you need. Just not less (or it might not be stable)

Message 5 of 6

@plemans wrote:

You can have HIGHER amperage because the rbs40v won't pull more power than you need.

Good point.

Fortunately, a laptop adapter should deliver plenty of amps for a router, even one with an audio amp built in.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7