Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Orbi app

AniDutta
Apprentice

Netgear Orbi app

Finally after couple of months of launching the amazing hardware, Netgear came out with an app. Please don't get your hopes high with this app. It is an utterly useless app. The only functionality it offers is renaming SSID and password. Netgear needs to look around to see the functionality Google, LUMA and Eero offers through its app.
Message 1 of 36
krf007
Star

I have to agree.  After updating the firmware, I downloaded the new app and after 5 minutes deleted it from my tablet.  I am very happy with my Orbi system and hopefully the app will be made useful as we go along.  

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 36
AniDutta
Apprentice

I traded in a Luma wifi system for the Orbi since the Luma hardware didn't provide me the coverage I needed. The Orbi meets my needs. But I've got to say, the Luma app provide so much control for managing the network than the current version of the Orbi app. With the Orbi app only thing that can be done is changing SSID and password. It's missing the following:
1) QoS
2) Parental control
3) Pausing internet
4) setting time limits for devices
5) blocking devices

Netgear has one of the best whole home wifi systems. But it is extremely disappointing for them to release an app that does basically nothing!
Message 3 of 36
rookie8155
Guide

I purchased and setup my Orbi on December 12, 2016 and the app also got release on the same day. I installed the app from Apple App store. First of all, it kept shutting down when i tried to select the existing setup. Finally I selected new setup and then it worked. But I don't see any use of this app besides seeing connected devices. 

Message 4 of 36

app is still under developement and was released prob because ppl where complaining there wasnt an app , the app will develope over time you just need to cool your jets and wait 

pete

Message 5 of 36
Yld2rob
Luminary

I downloaded the Orbi app on my Iphone 7 and iPad all of the function/menu work except Connected devices. Always shows Online and 2 satellites connected but zero connected devices even through there are 53. Alone else seeing this?

Message 6 of 36
southflguy
Star

Yes I see zero connected devices when I have over 40 showing through the web browser. 

Message 7 of 36

swipe finger down the screen to refresh the page and see if they show then 

Message 8 of 36
AniDutta
Apprentice

I do see devices connected to the network.  Some show with signal strength; and some don't. Pretty random. 

Message 9 of 36
southflguy
Star

Yeah I tried swiping down but still comes up as zero.  Going to delete the app and reinstall. 

Message 10 of 36
Yld2rob
Luminary

Tried that. The little blue circle spins to refresh and when it stops it still says 0 connected devices

Message 11 of 36
Yld2rob
Luminary

Same for me

Message 12 of 36
southflguy
Star

Reinstalled the app but nothing.  Only thing I can think of is that I'm running the latest public beta of iOS on my phone. 

Message 13 of 36
Yld2rob
Luminary

I doubt it. I have and ipad and a iphone 7 running the latest iOS (not beta) and it still does not work

Message 14 of 36
southflguy
Star

Looks like a "Here we have an app now!" but not a very good one yet.  Hopefully they fix the issues soon and add more functionality. 

Message 15 of 36
bdsmith63
Apprentice

I was wondering as well today why the app doesn't show any connected devices?  Could we have an answer from Netgear support?  I am sure the app will continue to improve and pack in more features and control -- but it is virtually useless to me at this stage.  I am very happy with the Orbi system and have great coverage throughout my home -- a speed test this morning resulted in 322Mbps!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 16 of 36
rookie8155
Guide

I can see 14 connected devices at the bottom of my app. Do you one setalite connected?
Message 17 of 36
JMU1998
Luminary

Utterly useless app until some real functionality is added with future Firmware releases until then it is useless.

Message 18 of 36
Yld2rob
Luminary

Not sure if this is the issue or not. I see some people are showing connected device through the app. Not me. But, I have 2 satellites and one router. Does anyone else have this setup and the app is showing connected devices? 

Message 19 of 36
swrtwdrv
Apprentice

My Orbi app shows Status: Online, Satelittes: 0, and 16 Connected Devices (in blue.)  When I click on 16 Connected Devices, it lists each device including my two satellittes.

Message 20 of 36
bdsmith63
Apprentice

My app shows, Status:  Online, Satellites:  1 (and I just have the router and this one satellite), 0 Connected Devices.

And as others have posted, if I go to the web login I see all my wired and wireless devices.

Message 21 of 36
rhester72
Virtuoso

@bdsmith63 wrote:

My app shows, Status:  Online, Satellites:  1 (and I just have the router and this one satellite), 0 Connected Devices.

And as others have posted, if I go to the web login I see all my wired and wireless devices.

Ditto.

I'm in AP mode, if that makes any difference.

Rodney

Message 22 of 36

We still cooling our jets? April and still an essentially pointless app. Disappointing for sure
Message 23 of 36

June.....

Message 24 of 36
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear shut off their Jets and moved on to their next product release. Leaving all their users in the dust.
Message 25 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7