Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Orbi app

@Retired_Member

sig , you know this is not the case ( as i have explained in other threads to you and others ) and continually trolling anmd complaining is tbh just making you look a little silly , just know the wheels may turn slow but they are still turning

Message 26 of 36
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Pete, Netgear refuses to post anything meaningful at all on here. They could easily put an end to much of the complaining but they really don't care. How do you know they aren't just lying to you and how much contact do they really have with superuser?
Message 27 of 36
Retired_Member
Not applicable

For the small price of $400 I will go away and never post again!
Message 28 of 36

this is the community forum , and its us the commumity that post here , this is not a support forum as such and so the netgear personell dont have to post or respond , i do believe however they take notice , being a superuser means i have to sign a NDA and as such cant talk about what goes on within the group but i can assure it known and being actioned

Message 29 of 36
Robdog
Initiate

Did anybody switch from a Netgear to the Netgear Orbi? I did and the Orbi app doesn't do much but the older regular old Netgear app works to see what's on and what it's connected to. You can use some of the parental controls and a few other things. It's not perfect but the Orbi pushes out tons of bandwidth and the regular Netgear app works for most functions. I'd try that if I were y'all.
Message 30 of 36
Robdog
Initiate

Hi, don't know if anyone else went from a regular Netgear router to the Orbi but I had one and had the standard Netgear app and it works pretty well about 80% functionality. Parental controls and the like. Yep the Orbi app seem like a placeholder but the regular app does most of what people are looking for. Guess the Netgear folks should have told us that but at least something works.
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 31 of 36
NLMT
Aspirant

And...another year later...still kind of useless.
Message 32 of 36

LOL ! I saw your reply but forgot what this thread is about ! Did i start it ?

Message 33 of 36

Oh yeah, the app ! Well much improvement made, I use all 3 apps !! But seriously, i just log on through web for advanced and use app just to reboot, block kids, check connections. Eventualy we will have the web interface in the app.....😜

Message 34 of 36
enniszd
Initiate

I fully agree. The Luma app is light years ahead of Netgear
Message 35 of 36
Orbi-Roc
Luminary

Yeah, I'm late coming to this community, but for what it's worth, I personally like the Orbi app, so I guess it must have improved quite a bit over the last six months or so. The only feature that consistently fails for me is the speed test, powered by Ookla. So I down loaded the free Ookla speed test app from the Mac App Store, and it works like a charm. So I'm a happy camper ... for now.!Smiley Wink

Model: RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 36 of 36
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7