Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi slow WiFi

Aronius
Tutor

Netgear Orbi slow WiFi

Hi

I just installed my Orbi, by switching my Virgin Hub 3.0 to modem mode , turning it off and turning it back on and then connecting it to my orbi via Ethernet and then turning the Orbi on .

I am getting good Wired speeds (350mps+) but 100- on WiFi , I expected more?? Also on my xbox it is saying ‘cannot get an IP address’ ? My Xbox is wired to a switch which is wired to the Orbi?

Please help!!!
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi slow WiFi

What FW is currently loaded?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Does the xbox get a IP address if directly connecte to the base router or wirelessly connected? 

Disable Instant ON on the xbox. 

What devices are you using to speedtest wirelessy? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

@Aronius wrote:
Hi

I just installed my Orbi, by switching my Virgin Hub 3.0 to modem mode , turning it off and turning it back on and then connecting it to my orbi via Ethernet and then turning the Orbi on .

I am getting good Wired speeds (350mps+) but 100- on WiFi , I expected more?? Also on my xbox it is saying ‘cannot get an IP address’ ? My Xbox is wired to a switch which is wired to the Orbi?

Please help!!!

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Message 2 of 3
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Netgear Orbi slow WiFi

I would double check to truly ensure your modem/router combo is in the passthrough (bridged) mode.

Make sure you also turn off any wireless radios in your original modem/router.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7