Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Orbi

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Netgear Orbi

if i do a factory reset do i have to install all my devices again? or if the name and password are the same will they connect automatically?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear Orbi

I've reset my Orbi numerous times. Each time I keep the ssid and password the same. Rarely do any of my devices not automatically recognize and logon. If there is a issue, its usually one of my smart devices and thats probably 1 in 10 resets I'll need to do so. 

Message 2 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

if i do a factory reset do i have to install all my devices again? or if the name and password are the same will they connect automatically?

My experience is the same as @plemans.  Every time I purchase a new WiFi router, I configure with the same SSID and password as the previous one, and all of my devices transition.  I may have had to "power cycle" one or two of them, but that was all.  During the past year, I have done "Factory Resets" a bunch of time.  Each time, I configure with the same SSID and password, and all my devices connect immediately.  (Good thing, too, because some of them are not convenient to work on.)

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

The user has removed themselves from the forum...

Message 4 of 7
CrimpOn
Guru

Thanks.  I had wondered how Netgear knew someone's employment status.  (LOL)  Show up for one day and immediately quit before anyone has a chance to help.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7

Elvis has left the building.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies