Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Website Useless.

joincto
Aspirant

Netgear Website Useless.

You'd never believe this company was in high tech would you? Their webpage looks as though is was thrown together in 1993 and is completely damn useless.

Right now, inadvertently, I have two logins: the first has an old email address on which I can soon no longer receive anything but which has my device details. The new has no data. I simply wish to have one login with my new email address and which contains my device details.

You'd think that would be simple enough, no? But not with this company. There is no mechanism for deleting and account. Their "support" is only valid for actual devices. They have no endpoint to which I can send email saying: "delete this account".

And, on top of all this, their product is expensive and poor.

If someone from Netgear still able to fog a mirror reads this will you please for the love of Christ do something to address my complaint.

Rob Stevens

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Netgear Website Useless.

I agree entirely and have stated for some time that Netgear provides no method for customers to reach Netgear for several valid reasons:

• Issues with their Netgear "account"
  • Product warranty claims after the 90 days of 'complimentary support'
  • Issues with 2-factor authentication on the 'app'

Regardless of their mirror fogging capabilities, there appear to be no Netgear employees tasked to read posts on the numerous community forums.

What appears to be the only method to resolve these issues is to send a private message to one of the forum moderators by clicking on their screen name. Moderators have a Capital N after their name where the rest of us have a goofy icon.  Include in the message details that should not be posted on a public forum, such as those two email addresses, the product serial numbers, etc. Moderators appear to have ways to communicate with Netgear.  I had a similar issue with my Netgear login and it was resolved that way.

Message 2 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] They have no endpoint to which I can send email saying: "delete
> this account".

"They have no" and "I failed to find a(n)" are spelled differently
for a reason.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1845791

> [...] their product is expensive and poor.

Given the level of detail in that problem description, it's little
wonder that you had such trouble with the web site.

Message 3 of 5
joincto
Aspirant

Perhaps you missed the point. Thanks so much for the link to the FAQ about how to register a product when what I wanted was a way to delete my account (which all web pages should have, though they don't, as an easy-to-find link). Perhaps there's a FAQ for that also.

Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

> Perhaps you missed the point. [...]

Perhaps you didn't read the FAQ.  Look for "Correcting registration
information"?  Perhaps you tried that e-mail address, but got no
satisfactory response.  Perhaps you're just happier ranting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=lead+horse+water+drink

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7