Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear removed FW 2.5.0.40 + Current 2.3.5.38 "no new fw avail" = Don't upgrade

tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Re: Netgear removed FW 2.5.0.40 + Current 2.3.5.38 "no new fw avail" = Don't upgrade

Browser cache clearing does not fix the self signed certificate error. Same error with IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Message 26 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to make contact with NG support about. 

@Blanca_O 

@tomschmidt wrote:
Browser cache clearing does not fix the self signed certificate error. Same error with IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox browsers.

Message 27 of 33
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

NG support has already been notified that their Hot Fix .34 certificate is untrusted due to it being self signed. Yet another mistake by their firmware team...
Message 28 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you try v40 by chance? It was the first one out that was supposed to fix the certificate issue which was supposed to be in v34 after it was released. 

@tomschmidt wrote:
NG support has already been notified that their Hot Fix .34 certificate is untrusted due to it being self signed. Yet another mistake by their firmware team...

Message 29 of 33
tomschmidt
Virtuoso

Yes, I tried the v2.5.0.38 and .40 releases, but their device naming was so screwed up that my network was unmanagable. I did not take a screenshot of the https certificates for the .40 release, and I am not creating more downtime on my network to upgrade again to the broken v.2.5.0.x releases to test it again.  If you are running .40, then you can easily check if the https certificates are self signed or properly assigned by a certificate authority (CA).  See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-signed_certificate

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Did you try v40 by chance? It was the first one out that was supposed to fix the certificate issue which was supposed to be in v34 after it was released. 

@tomschmidt wrote:

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 30 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

I would revert back to what was working for you then. 

Message 31 of 33
pablohoney
Luminary

Seriously?!  Can they not get the proper staff or something in order to do it right or are they too tight not to spend money on getting it right???! I was asked to be effectively a "guinea pig" for their forthcoming firmware fix to address the device naming issue. I declined and told them to employ proper QA to the firmware and do it right or I'll be back to sending emails to Patrick Lo and Mark Merrill directly.

Message 32 of 33
spinkick
Apprentice

The firmware has always been seriously weak for this product. Does anyone have any expierience with the business product? I'm forced to rollback to the earlier firmware as well due to spontaneous speed issues. I've done the factory resets, but I have close to 50 wireless IP addresses that I would imagine accelerate the time it takes for the memory leaks or whatever is going on with the device to show themselves. 

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7