Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Error with Youtube TV/Factory reset

DaveL61
Follower

Network Error with Youtube TV/Factory reset

First, my app says I have an RBR40 but when I type that model in here, it says that doesn't exist. I have a router with 2 satellites. 

The router is connected by ethernet to the Verizon modem. The TV is connected to Orbi by ethernet but only because I've been having the problems listed below. 

We have Gig speed from Verizon and use Youtube TV. Within 2 weeks of set up, we woke to a Network Error when trying to use Youtube TV. I believe Prime Movies worked  but not Netflix. Eventually called Verizon who believes there was not enough speed or bandwidth or something to power streaming movies. Long story short, I just reset the router to factory settings and did full set up again. Fixed the problem.

Two weeks later ... same thing. 

Then again. And again.

We thought small power outages (one morning stove clock was blinking) but everything was fine last night. 

It's never while in use. It's always, fine when going to bed, wake up to Network Error. 

There has to be some way to sort this out without completely resetting everything every 2-4 weeks. What am I missing (in plain terms)? I'm borderline ready to return it. There has to be a better way. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Network Error with Youtube TV/Factory reset

@DaveL61 wrote:

First, my app says I have an RBR40 but when I type that model in here, it says that doesn't exist. I have a router with 2 satellites. 

Yes, this is really frustrating.  I have no clue why "someone" decided to remove most of the Orbi model numbers.

The router is connected by ethernet to the Verizon modem. The TV is connected to Orbi by ethernet but only because I've been having the problems listed below. Do the problems "go away" when the TV is connected by ethernet?

We have Gig speed from Verizon and use Youtube TV. Within 2 weeks of set up, we woke to a Network Error when trying to use Youtube TV. I believe Prime Movies worked  but not Netflix. Eventually called Verizon who believes there was not enough speed or bandwidth or something to power streaming movies. Long story short, I just reset the router to factory settings and did full set up again. Fixed the problem.

When the Orbi was set up, did you activate Disney Circle or Armor?

Two weeks later ... same thing. 

Then again. And again.

We thought small power outages (one morning stove clock was blinking) but everything was fine last night. 

It's never while in use. It's always, fine when going to bed, wake up to Network Error. 

Can you record the error message (write it down) next time it happens?

There has to be some way to sort this out without completely resetting everything every 2-4 weeks. What am I missing (in plain terms)? I'm borderline ready to return it. There has to be a better way. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7