Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network Map

dzibel
Aspirant

Network Map

I have an orbi router and two satelites. Previously, when I looked at the map - both satellites were connected to the router. Now, they appear in a straight line - i.e., routher --> satellite --> satellite.

Is this about just positioning within my house? Or is there something else going on?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Network Map

Which orbi system do you have? 

Usually it indicates that they're setting up in a daisy chain configuration and not star. 

Star: satellites<------router------->satellite

daisy: router------->satellite------>satellite

Message 2 of 4
dzibel
Aspirant

I have the RBR50. And that is exactly right - it was in the star before, and now daisy. It is entirely wireless from router to satellite.

I assume the star is better? Or does it not matter? Is this a positioning issue, or is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

THANKS.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Daisy chain can add a little latency and potentially decrease speeds. But it can also increase speeds depending on distance/interference. 

So its not an easy answer. you can try it daisy chained and disable it to test if you'd like. Or you can leave it if its working fine. 

How do I disable daisy chain topology on my Orbi WiFi System? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7