Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Network name changed automatically and I can't find my 5 GHZ network on the router home page

scottak100
Aspirant

Network name changed automatically and I can't find my 5 GHZ network on the router home page

Recently, the name of my 5 GHZ network name changed automatically. I am assuming the name change occurred as part of a firmware/software update.The name of my 2.4 GHZ network stayed the same. I went into the ORBI router to try and rename the 5GHZ network, but it is no longer listed - only the 2.4 GHZ network shows up in the menu. I attempted to go back and reset the name using telnet, but the debug page no longer has the telnet option. The 5 GHZ network is still functioning under its new name. Any ideas on how I can access the 5 GHZ network and change its name back to the original name?

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Network name changed automatically and I can't find my 5 GHZ network on the router home page

What model Orbi do you have? 

What FW version is loaded? 

When the SSID name is given on a ORBI system it sets both 2.4 and 5Ghz radios for same SSID name. There isn't a sepearate area to enter in a SSID for 5Ghz. You havn't modified the system for separate SSIDs did you?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last update? 

Message 2 of 4
scottak100
Aspirant

Re: Network name changed automatically and I can't find my 5 GHZ network on the router home page

The router is an ORBI RBR50. And yes, I did set up a 2.4 GHZ SSID (https://digiex.net/threads/step-by-step-guide-enabling-different-2-4ghz-and-5ghz-network-ssids-on-or...). I can't seem to enable telnet under the current FW version - the option has been deleted. I am using FW 2.7.3.22. I have not performed a factory reset and setup from scratch since last update.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Sepaation of SSID is not supported on Orbi systems. Telnet was removed from FW recently as well. You'll need to revert back to what you had working or factory reset and setup from scratch. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7