Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New 2.3.5.26 for rbk23. Anyone download or get issues yet?

RedBatman89
Guide

New 2.3.5.26 for rbk23. Anyone download or get issues yet?

Anyone?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: New 2.3.5.26 for rbk23. Anyone download or get issues yet?

Seen some posts about it...might search the forum for that FW version string to see for yourself. 

Message 2 of 8
KiamaraKid
Aspirant

When I download the software and try to install it I get the message "The disk image file is corrupted" Any ideas? I have tried downloading it again and get the same message.

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

No. 

What browser are you using?

Try a different browser. 

Be sure to unpack the .zip files before trying to manually update FW. 

@KiamaraKid wrote:

When I download the software and try to install it I get the message "The disk image file is corrupted" Any ideas? I have tried downloading it again and get the same message.

Message 4 of 8
mrbyte
Aspirant

i have rbr20 and my pings got much worse.  from 20ms to 170ms.  I cannot figure out how to fix this.  

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

How are you testing pings? Wired or wireless? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? Power OFF The ISP modem for 30 seconds then back on then walk thru the setup wizard after doing a factory reset?

@mrbyte wrote:

i have rbr20 and my pings got much worse.  from 20ms to 170ms.  I cannot figure out how to fix this.  

Message 6 of 8
mrbyte
Aspirant

I think I have an issue outside of the orbi atm.  I did a ping from cmd and it was good.  Not so good from speedtest even though the machine on the wired is getting 10ms and the machine off the backhaul is getting 175ms even though the ping to router is 3ms.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7