Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Bugs with latest update 2.1.2.18

Sevo123
Apprentice

New Bugs with latest update 2.1.2.18

The newest issue Iv come across! Orbi system shows no internet connection all satellites and router Have no connection the top light shows no internet but my modem shows full internet. (Multiple times a day) system disconnects from all attached devices orbi network disappears then comes back as working... been talking to support for the past 3 weeks honestly why cant Netgear fix all these issues. I think if all these problems dont go away by next month Im going to Linksys Velop. Love Netgear but someone or some people need to be fired from their jobs. (Make a update kill 3 bugs but add 5 more bugs smh ) also having a hard time getting more than 300mpbs out of any satellites Or the router hard wired ( my internet 400/25 mbps ) direct to modem Hard wire I get 430/25... Who else is having similar issues?
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
Jebhdz
Tutor

I have the same issues with the most recent firmware.. Hard-wired: no issues. But wifi dropped from 400Mbps to max 150 Mbps. 

Message 2 of 7
Sevo123
Apprentice

Look as I send the info my wifi drops yet again! I uploaded the pic to show you all. Honestly if I paid like $100 for the system I would probably complain a little but when you pay over $500 for the unit pluse another $200 for another extra 1 satellite you really get upset!
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 3 of 7
Jebhdz
Tutor

Exactly! I have bought the same configuration and very dissapointed. The lack of coorperation and communication of Netgear worries me most. Managing expectations is not their forte. 

Message 4 of 7
waynepp
Guide

2.1.2.18 seems to drop wifi connection often. After a power cycling the satellite, it will immediately work again.  I had a beta version of the firmware (2.0.1.2) that was solid for 2 months. Unfortunately, I can't downgrade since Orbi auto updates to the newest firmware.

Message 5 of 7
EricD2
Tutor

Like others, I have two satellites, both the RBS40.  One of the two will not connect to anything anymore.  Even after a reset.  Running 2.1.2.18 firmware.  It is very frustrating.  I'm about to give up and ship this set back to NetGear.  Hard to believe they put this unit out with connection issues.

Model: RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 6 of 7
Sevo123
Apprentice

Honestly I am hoping for a new update to maybe finally fix these issues. I am going to talk to Netgear gear support tonight hopefully they have some good updates coming up.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7