Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware 1.4.0.34

MarkC1024
Luminary

New Firmware 1.4.0.34

Just downloaded and installed manually; doesn't yet show under Online Update.  The only note is minor bug fixes, but would be good to get a better read on what is fixed.  It does seem that the previous problem of one device always showing blocked has been resolved though.

Message 1 of 44
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Says that it adds support for genie remote
Message 2 of 44
dekka007
Apprentice

Installed.  Too early to say but 2 hours with no ios or osx wifi dropouts. with beamforming and mu-mimo. enabled.

Fingers crossed...

Message 3 of 44
TomMac
Guru

Hope it works for you...still running .16 as .18 cause my ipad to drop a bit. Going to hold for now.

Message 4 of 44
MarkC1024
Luminary

Working well, but to be honest never had any real issues before.  I've got a router and 2 satellites covering 3100 sq ft (3 floors), so I have pretty good coverage to start with.  i just need 3 for wired connections upstairs/downstairs.

Message 5 of 44
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

My house is 4700sq/ft. Not sure what the bennifit of a second satellite would be? I think cause u said u needed wired connections but unsure if that's what u meant.
Message 6 of 44
MarkC1024
Luminary

Correct, I need ethernet connections upstairs (home office) and basement (older equipment).

Mark

Message 7 of 44
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

I see. In my head I feel like I should have 3 but I have perfect coverage through my home. Can't rap my mind around it. I been fighting junk wifi sooooo long. And from what I read a 3rd unit wouldn't create a mesh it would do nothing for me. So....
Message 8 of 44
bsholbrook
Apprentice

after the .34 update, any attempts to connect to the routers log page are resulting in certificate issues.  Mac OSX 10.12.3, safari is complaining of an invalid root certificate with any attemps to connect to the router.  and any login attempts from ios device result in cannot verify server identity.  While I can override the informational message, I really dont like overriding or ignoring security elements like this.  Sounds like certificates that were employed are faulty?

Message 9 of 44
Mikey94025
Hero

I never used https before with the router admin page and always used http://orbilogin.com/adv_index.htm, which is fine.  It's https://orbilogin.com/adv_index.htm which isn't returning the correct security certificate and therefore your browser is warning you.  Did https work correctly before with earlier firmware versions?

Message 10 of 44
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Running fine for about 3 hours now, the web interface seems to be slightly faster to load now for me,  I did have to reboot my cable modem and Orbi once the Firmware update was finished because it complained of no internet connection being available, a simple Orbi reboot didn't fix it, I had to reboot both cable modem and Orbi router and also the satellite.

Message 11 of 44
bfeltovi
Aspirant

do firmware updates need to be applied sequentially or can i just apply the latest version and skip the one or two versions between?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 12 of 44

Quick question for you all,  I appologise up front if this has been discussed before (if so let me know where).  I see people talking about turning back on the implicit beamforming.  Was implicit beamforming not wave one tech for older devices to benefit from, now that wave two AC is here (which Orbi is) explicit beamforming is the new default.   A much better service for those with AC network cards in devices and any IOT products in their homes.   I am a little confussed as to the want to turn back on the old wave one implicit beamforming?

Am i missing a benefit by leaving this off?

Message 13 of 44
dekka007
Apprentice

Second day. Think its safe to say that the .34 is much more stable on ios and osx devices.   Have not seen a drop since installed yesterday

Message 14 of 44
dekka007
Apprentice

spoke to soon. Apple TV's and logitech harmony hib just dropped....

24hours without drop then starts again.....
Message 15 of 44
Mikey94025
Hero

How are you noticing that your Harmony hub is dropping?  Do you just see the light turn red or happen to press a remote button at the time?  I have 2 of them but maybe I'm just not noticing it... My Nest cameras email me when they disconnect so that's why I notice their issues (when beamforming is not disabled).

Message 16 of 44
gfrey
Apprentice

Nest cameras dropped connection soon as I enabled Beamforming on this latest firmware.  I had to disable it again.  The firmware seems more stable but still hasn't resolved the issue with Nest Cams.

Message 17 of 44
tkpitt
Aspirant

I have a nest camera and have beamforming turned on and it never loses connection unless I unplug the camera.

Not sure why you would be having issues but beamforming is most definitely enabled on my orbi and not causing me issues at all with my nest.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 18 of 44
fstockel
Star

My internet connection still keeps dropping (4 times today - installed .34 late last night) Really frustrating.
Message 19 of 44
fstockel
Star

I tried to change to the TP-cable that came with the box and this might have solved it for me (well no connection drop in approx 3hrs so far). Funny thing is that my previous cable was a hq/expensive cable (had zero issues using it with my previous Asus router). Fingers crossed.
Message 20 of 44
gfrey
Apprentice

@tkpitt wrote:

I have a nest camera and have beamforming turned on and it never loses connection unless I unplug the camera.

Not sure why you would be having issues but beamforming is most definitely enabled on my orbi and not causing me issues at all with my nest.

I wonder if your nest cameras are connected to the router?  Mine are sitting right next to the satellite.  It is a known issue since initial firmware that nest cameras disconnect with Orbi beamforming turned on.  I might try removing my satellite for a while to see if my nest cams disconnect with beamforming on while not being connected to the satellite.

Message 21 of 44
dekka007
Apprentice

Harmony hub light went red same time Apple TV message network disconnect.

Further drops on ipad and iphone last night.

.34 is not the fix we were hoping for.
Message 22 of 44
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

I have had my orbi for 4 days. I only use iOS devices. I have more than 10 in my house. 0 drops. Could the drops be in conjunction with the harmony hub?
Message 23 of 44
dekka007
Apprentice

dont think so they are on 2.4ghz ret on 5ghz but interesting idea. but so many different wifi items inn out house
Message 24 of 44
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

We have 18-32 devices connected at any given time. I have had 0 drop outs. Can u explain what's happening?
Message 25 of 44
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 43 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 15 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7