Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Firmware 2.3.5.30

ekhalil
Master

New Firmware 2.3.5.30

Just updated my Orbi to 2.3.5.30. Seems stable so far.

I see few "ads" for the Orbi app and links for app download in the web GUI.

Otherwise I could not see much more new things. I'm keeping to look and will report if I find new things.

The Support Download page does not yet show this SW. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 235
ekhalil
Master

The page that was called QoS under >> ADVANCED >> Setup is now called "Speed Test" as it should.

Message 2 of 235
pchiccino1
Aspirant

seeing config sync issue with this release as well, anyone else see this?

Message 3 of 235
FURRYe38
Guru

Is daisy chaing enabled or disabled?

Using combined SSIDs and not separate? 

@pchiccino1 wrote:

seeing config sync issue with this release as well, anyone else see this?

Message 4 of 235
pchiccino1
Aspirant

no daisy chaing, and SSIDs are seperate however I have tried undoing that as well but issue continued.

Message 5 of 235
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset on the system and setup from scratch. Give a few minutes for the system to settle in and check the condition. Clear out your browser caches too. 

Message 6 of 235
pchiccino1
Aspirant

will give that a shot, thanks for the feedback

Message 7 of 235
larryindublin
Luminary

Why not? I've been one of the lucky ones with a Costco purchased RBR53 set (I only use Router and 1 Satelite and only fire up spare satelite for updates). Upgrade was very smooth. Seemed faster than past updates. Allowed all 3 units (1 router, 2 sats) to "settle" for about 1/2 hour and then turned off my spare sat.

All devices seem to have reconnected but I'm sure will hop around from Router to Sat until things get locked in. So far, so good. Mix of about 35 devices on network - 70/5 ISP speed, several Alexa's, Blink cameras, new Ring Door View cam, lots of home automation stuff....

Time will tell...

Message 8 of 235
FURRYe38
Guru

Just updated a RBK50 system via autoupdate and select update all. Upgrade smooth. 

No config sync seen. GOOD is the status of the RBS connected via wireless. 

I'll be posting some WAN to LAN speed results soon:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-RBR50-is-not-supporting-900Mb-on-the-WAN-to-LAN-test/td-p...

Message 9 of 235
CrimpOn
Guru

Automatic update worked for me.  Was not as speedy as I had expected, but smooth.  Seems to be working OK.

One change I had not expected.  The Attached Devices page had an announcement at the top that Access Control is turned on and new devices are blocked from connecting.  This was not how I had it configured before the update.  Would have been a lot of head-scratching if this had updated silently and I unboxed a new device.  Oh, yes.  No more "silent updates".  But still, I would have expected the update to keep Access Control settings as they were.  It kept most of my device tables the way they were, but it changed two smart switches from Allowed to Blocked.

Message 10 of 235
pchiccino1
Aspirant

what mode are you running in?? is it AP or Router?  I don't see the access control section you are speaking of, I have a ton of smart switches and devices and this will be a huge problem for me if it's on.. 

Message 11 of 235
CrimpOn
Guru

Sorry for the scare.  Access Control only applies to router mode.  In AP mode, the Orbi simply passes packets back and forth.

Message 12 of 235
Rayandbrenda
Aspirant

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I didn't spend the amount of money on the Orbi just to have Netgear use the config screens for graphics to download an app I already have (referring to the graphic for the Orbi app in the new firmware). Would be nice if Netgear would clean the interface up some instead of cluttering it up more or better yet add some features that are missing.

Message 13 of 235
Psyberon
Aspirant

So...just noticed this and updated.  Seems to have gone fine;I think it took 5 or 6 minutes, just long enough for the kids to notice.  Smiley Tongue

I[m not seeing any release notes.  Anyone know what’s changed...?

Message 14 of 235
clammerds
Apprentice

The release notes from the interface tiself stop before they're finished (they don't even exist in the raw html) but here is what we can see :

Release Notes:
[Bug Fix] Fixes issues with the Apple HomeKit connectivity.

[Bug Fix] Fixes the wireless crash and reboot issue when the router is under stress.

[Bug Fix] Fixes the WiFi disconnection and IOT issue.

[Bug Fix] Fixes the guest isolation issue for multicast and broadcast traffic between the main host and guest.

[Bug Fix] Fixes the Ethernet backhaul boot-sequence issue.

[Bug Fix] Updates the OpenVPN certificate from MD5 to SHA-256.
[New Features and Enhancements] Circle Parental Controls support for India.

[New Features and Enhancements] Auto Time zone detection feature and setting.

[Bug Fixes] The client was not able to obtain an IP address when the router rebooted or the client renewed the IP address.

[Bug Fixes] The iOS speed test uploaded the throughput issue in PPPoE mode.

[Bug Fixes] Issues with the Japanese language string.

[Bug Fixes] The user wasnt able to log in to the GUI after finishing the GUI installation.

[Bug Fixes] The router GUI could not be accessed using oribilogin.com or orbilogin.net.

[Securi

I'm guessing this next one is a security fix. Anyway, already from the list, it's worth updating!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router, RBS50Y|High Performance AC3000 Outdoor WiFi Mesh Extender and Add-on Satellite
Message 15 of 235
pablohoney
Luminary

I tried updating my Orbi RBR 50 and RBS50. The status on the RBR50 is "Update failed" and the status on the RBS50 is "V2.3.5.30". How do I fix the "Update failed" issue?

Message 16 of 235
pablohoney
Luminary

It seems to have fixed itself now.
Message 17 of 235
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I don't do manual updates.

Does this update qualify as a 'auto' update?

Message 18 of 235
CrimpOn
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

I don't do manual updates.

Does this update qualify as a 'auto' update?

I did it via the Auto Update page on the web interface.

Message 19 of 235
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks

I'm wondering if this update qualifies for a NG push?  

I was told by the NG support folks that the only updates that will be pushed are those with with major changes.  Others are at the users preference.

Message 20 of 235
pablohoney
Luminary

After every firmware update I lose wifi calling on my iPhone XS Max. Is it port triggering or port forwarding that needs to be used if one is having issues with Wifi Calling? Anyone else have the same issue?
Message 21 of 235
FURRYe38
Guru

Does the wifi calling work after you reboot the RBR and RBS? Try a factory reset and setup from scratch and try wifi calling again? 

@pablohoney wrote:
After every firmware update I lose wifi calling on my iPhone XS Max. Is it port triggering or port forwarding that needs to be used if one is having issues with Wifi Calling? Anyone else have the same issue?

Message 22 of 235
pablohoney
Luminary

A factory reset should not be required for every little issue we face with this router.
Message 23 of 235
ekhalil
Master

@pablohoney wrote:

If you set the phone to Flight Mode, does Wifi Calling kick in then?

Message 24 of 235
CrimpOn
Guru

@ekhalil wrote:

If you set the phone to Flight Mode, does Wifi Calling kick in then?

Maybe there is a terminology issue?  When I set my phone to "Airplane mode", Bluetooth, WiFi, and Cellular all turn off.  Only NFC remains on.  No WiFi = no WiFi calling.

Message 25 of 235
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7