Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Firmware Update Available for Router but not Satellites

Ryan1919
Tutor

New Firmware Update Available for Router but not Satellites

Hello I have the the RBR40 Router and RBS20 satellite and the router is showing it has a firmware update to 2.1.5.22 but the satellite is not showing any new firmware is avaiable. I'm currenlty on 2.5.1.16 for the router and satellite. I'm not sure if I should update because if I do then the satellites and router will be on different firmware versions. Does anyone know why they pushed a firmware update for the router and not the satellite and if it will mess anything up if the router gets updated automatically?

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: New Firmware Update Available for Router but not Satellites

@Ryan1919 wrote:

Hello I have the the RBR40 Router and RBS20 satellite and the router is showing it has a firmware update to 2.1.5.22 but the satellite is not showing any new firmware is avaiable. I'm currenlty on 2.5.1.16 for the router and satellite. I'm not sure if I should update because if I do then the satellites and router will be on different firmware versions. Does anyone know why they pushed a firmware update for the router and not the satellite and if it will mess anything up if the router gets updated automatically?

According to Netgear's website the RBR40 is still on 2.5.1.16. 2.1.5.22 is an older firmware, so I would not update. 

You don't have to rush into updating to newer firmware, especially if you are not having any issues. 

Message 2 of 3
Ryan1919
Tutor

Re: New Firmware Update Available for Router but not Satellites

Yeah I saw that on the website, but it just confusing when you login it tells you there is a update available. I will just wait for now until both the router and and satellites have the same version. Thank you!!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7