Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Fw for RBK50 and RBK50 v2

Lariff
Follower

New Fw for RBK50 and RBK50 v2

I search in web UI both RBK50 and RBK50 v2 and checking new FW, but no new one avaliable. Enter Netgear support pages and find for 

RBK50 the new version 2.7.2.102

RBK50 v2 I find for non U.S the 2.6.1.40

It´s really unclear why not the units can find automatically the new FW and why not the same version even if the v2 is a later newer version.

Now I´m running on what the support pages recommends and updated manually.

I do have same inconsistence with also RBK20 and LBR20 where it´s not very clear what´s the latest FW and why it doesn´t find the latest FW via the App or web UI?

Message 1 of 4
vajim
Master

Re: New Fw for RBK50 and RBK50 v2

enter your product number, i.e. RBK50 in the download area (top of this page)

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Only due to that some newer versions are not posted up on NG auto update servers that they don't appear. 

You can manually download and manually install FW if you want up update:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

If you do, update the RBS first, then RBR lastly. 

@Lariff wrote:

I search in web UI both RBK50 and RBK50 v2 and checking new FW, but no new one avaliable. Enter Netgear support pages and find for 

It´s really unclear why not the units can find automatically the new FW and why not the same version even if the v2 is a later newer version.

I do have same inconsistence with also RBK20 and LBR20 where it´s not very clear what´s the latest FW and why it doesn´t find the latest FW via the App or web UI?

Message 3 of 4
vajim
Master

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Only due to that some newer versions are not posted up on NG auto update servers that they don't appear. 

You can manually download and manually install FW if you want up update:

https://kb.netgear.com/31573/How-do-I-manually-upgrade-firmware-on-my-Orbi-router-using-orbilogin-co...

If you do, update the RBS first, then RBR lastly. 

@Lariff wrote:

enter your product number, i.e. RBK50 in the download area (top of this page).......manual updates are NOT recommended

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7