Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

FURRYe38
Guru

NG pulled v32 for unknown reasons. 

If your having problems with your Orbi system, please make a new post in the main forum and lets see if we can help you figure out the problem. 

Hoping NG will re-post the v32 update soon. Please be patient. 

@rchorowitz wrote:

Does 2.3.x exist?  I cannot find it.  The instability of the internet connection to the router/WiFi makes this entire system worthless 

Message 51 of 386
Chetter
Tutor

Hello All,

Just decided to give a feedback after almost 24 hrs. with v32.

So far had no issues. DL/UL speeds same on all devices.

PS: after upgrading I did factory reset, if that matters.

Will revert if any issues.

Cheers. 

Message 52 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. Let us know if you see problems before reverting back. 

@Chetter wrote:

Hello All,

Just decided to give a feedback after almost 24 hrs. with v32.

So far had no issues. DL/UL speeds same on all devices.

PS: after upgrading I did factory reset, if that matters.

Will revert if any issues.

Cheers. 

Message 53 of 386
frewster
Guide

Could someone please mirror the 2.3.0.32 firmware since NG took it down?
Message 54 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

NG will be posting it back I'm sure. Please be patient. 

Message 55 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@CrimpOn wrote:

Exactly.  I use FireFox (although I have FireFox remember the Orbi password so I simply have to hit "Enter") but it annoys the s**t out of me.  I'm in one tab typing a response to a community post, and suddenly everything freezes.  Maybe Chrome or Opera behaves differently when a dialog box pops up in a different tab.

Testing with Chrome and it's actually a little better as I do have access to Lastpass to at least grab the password to save some typing, but the authentication challenge still wants to get your attention and focus.  

And speaking speaking of retention, is there a way to have posting default the product I'm writing about so I don't have to keep manually selecting it?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 56 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

Does anyone have a mirrored copy of the interim firmware (prior to .23) that extended the allowable size of firmware in the router?

If so, please PM me.

Message 57 of 386
frewster
Guide

Message 58 of 386
frewster
Guide

I'm happy to say that 2.3.0.32 has fixed my IPV6 problems and my phone no longer says it has no internet access when it first connects to my Orbi RBR50. 🙂

Message 59 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. 

@frewster wrote:

I'm happy to say that 2.3.0.32 has fixed my IPV6 problems and my phone no longer says it has no internet access when it first connects to my Orbi RBR50. 🙂

Message 60 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

This is only for v212 which is the intermediate file version needed to get v32 loaded on the RBR50s. 

@frewster wrote:

This https://www.dropbox.com/s/34qdnx73uikusf7/RBR50-V2.2.1.212.zip?dl=0 from page one worked for me.

Message 61 of 386
frewster
Guide

Is it true that v32 was pulled due to bricks?

Message 62 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

No I don't think so, have had a couple of users post about having good success here on this thread. No sure why they pulled it. Maybe to make the migration from v210 to v32 easier. I hope. 

@frewster wrote:

Message 63 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

@frewster wrote:

I dont think that is true.  It installed fine for me.  I believe the probable cause is that there was an intermediate firmware that had to be installed which made auto-updating problematic for the technically challenged ludites. 🙂 

I bet they are working on a one-version-updates-all to avoid tech support from getting overwhelmed.

Message 64 of 386
frewster
Guide

@Chuck_M wrote:

@frewster wrote:

I dont think that is true.  It installed fine for me.  I believe the probable cause is that there was an intermediate firmware that had to be installed which made auto-updating problematic for the technically challenged ludites. 🙂 

I bet they are working on a one-version-updates-all to avoid tech support from getting overwhelmed.

Well, they did shoot themselves in the foot in that regard by not even posting official information or download links for 212.

Message 65 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

@frewster wrote:

This is the question you asked and we gave our best answer.  Most of us come to help others, not bash NG.  

Message 66 of 386
frewster
Guide

@Chuck_M wrote:

@frewster wrote:

This is the question you asked and we gave our best answer.  Most of us come to help others, not bash NG.  

The intention was not to bash. It was merely to point out that they could have rolled this out better and hopefully they will do so in the future.

Message 67 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

Brother, You are preaching to the choir. 

Collectively I know we have continually asked for

• more information in conducting the beta to focus our testing -- to help us help NG test what was changed/added
  • we have asked for feedback on our input of the beta (.23)
  • we have asked if any adjustments were made based on our feedback (.32)
  • we have asked if we were going to test the final production version

All to seemingly fall on deaf ears.

The real point is that it would have been beneficial to NG to leverage their Orbi Beta community to test the rollout prior to the rollout.

Again, we are not NG, so we are all sitting in a circle (no pun intended) talking about what could have been.

Message 68 of 386
frewster
Guide

We can only hope that someone from NG reads this thread. The past is the past.
Message 69 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

Spot on.  The worst part is when the people in this community get bashed or held accountable for something we have zero control over.  

It amazes me of how much personal time smart & talented people spend in here assisting others in resolving technical challenges. 

Personally I find it fun and rewarding, but it is still time that could be used elsewhere.

And yes, I do believe the product is a good one.

Message 70 of 386
MarkC1024
Luminary

Any of the beta testers have any feedback on the new feature: "Adds customer firmware pull".  I know many have asked for it to be an option to enable/disable automatic updates, but I don't see it anywhere in the new settings so am assuming it just changes the default behavior to not pull new firmware unless the user initiates that action.  Thanks in advance.

Message 71 of 386
ErnestTheGreat
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Please note that Orbi firmware 2.3.0.32 has been pulled from Netgear Orbi support page due to lack of details in the release notes regarding the update process required to manually update your Orbi units from 2.2.1.210 firmware to 2.3.0.32. The 2.3.0.32 firmware will be restored and made available on the support page once the release notes have been updated to include the appropriate instructions for manually updating your Orbi to 2.3.0.32 firmware.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only), RBS50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Satellite Only)
Message 72 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@Chuck_M wrote:

Spot on.  The worst part is when the people in this community get bashed or held accountable for something we have zero control over.  

It amazes me of how much personal time smart & talented people spend in here assisting others in resolving technical challenges. 

Personally I find it fun and rewarding, but it is still time that could be used elsewhere.

And yes, I do believe the product is a good one.

Let me take a moment to say thank you to you and @FURRYe38 for your active support.  In the few days I've been here have learned a lot from reading alone. 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 73 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@ErnestTheGreat
Hello,  Can you point me to where in profile or settings I can update my sig to match yours?

Message 74 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Found under My Settings, Personal Information, Signature

@gr8sho wrote:

Hello,  Can you point me to where in profile or settings I can update my sig to match yours?

Message 75 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7