Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Shotround
Apprentice

Factory reset of router via GUI needed in my case. I did not reset the satellites. Router set in Dmz of isp gateway.

I flashed it before going to bed the other day. Through the night and until reset, I received nest disconnected emails. Since reset i have yet to receive email about nest disconnected. The reset is probably more about the base OS than netgear. Still need a few more days to see if internet loss is resolved.
Message 76 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Yes, I believe a reset and setup from scratch may still be needed for some after the FW update. Smiley Frustrated

@Shotround wrote:
Factory reset of router via GUI needed in my case. I did not reset the satellites. Router set in Dmz of isp gateway.

I flashed it before going to bed the other day. Through the night and until reset, I received nest disconnected emails. Since reset i have yet to receive email about nest disconnected. The reset is probably more about the base OS than netgear. Still need a few more days to see if internet loss is resolved.

Message 77 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Found under My Settings, Personal Information, Signature

Alrighty then <headsmack>  Not sure how I missed it.  Thanks.

Message 78 of 386
raven_au
Virtuoso

@gr8sho wrote:

@Chuck_M wrote:

Spot on.  The worst part is when the people in this community get bashed or held accountable for something we have zero control over.  

It amazes me of how much personal time smart & talented people spend in here assisting others in resolving technical challenges. 

Personally I find it fun and rewarding, but it is still time that could be used elsewhere.

And yes, I do believe the product is a good one.

Let me take a moment to say thank you to you and @FURRYe38 for your active support.  In the few days I've been here have learned a lot from reading alone. 

Seconded (thirded or whtever).

In spite of being a little critical of the first post, @FURRYe38 always tryies hard to help people visiting the forum and I must offer congratulations on being so patient with everyone (LOL, including with me).

On a completely different note (and I have already posted this in the Orbi app forum) with this new firmware the Orbi app now reports wireless sync rate for devices connected to the router, not only the sync rate for devices connected to satelites.

This is something I was particularly unhappy with and I'm very pleased it has finally been fixed.

Message 79 of 386
Ragar99
Luminary

Truly amazing.  Netgear screws up again.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 80 of 386
Danny2000
Initiate

So, if there is no problem with the Orbi firmware 2.3.0.32 and Netgear is only looking for someone who can read and write to update the release notes, please let us ( the ones who read this discussion and know the steps to manualy update the firmware 😉 ) have a mirror to the Orbi firmware 2.3.0.32 so we can install it!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 81 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@raven_au wrote:

On a completely different note (and I have already posted this in the Orbi app forum) with this new firmware the Orbi app now reports wireless sync rate for devices connected to the router, not only the sync rate for devices connected to satelites.

This is something I was particularly unhappy with and I'm very pleased it has finally been fixed.

Oh?  Is the new firmware needed for that?  I don't see the link speed being reported on the base station connected wireless devices.

Message 82 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Going back to the signature thing one last time, the field in the forum software accepts HTML formatting in there in case you want to be creative.

Message 83 of 386
quagmire1
Luminary

@gr8sho wrote:

@raven_au wrote:

Oh?  Is the new firmware needed for that?  I don't see the link speed being reported on the base station connected wireless devices.

I made the same happy observation as @raven_au , and yes, the new firmware is required to see link speeds on the base unit.

Message 84 of 386
SkywalkerPD
Apprentice

Note:

If you’re manually updating the firmware using a browser, you cannot update the firmware directly to v2.3.0.32. You must first update the firmware to v2.2.1.212.  After updating the firmware v2.2.1.212, your Orbi router will reboot, and then you can update to v2.3.0.32.  

Ok I get that, but why is there no official post/link to this 2.2.1.212 firmware? And do I have to install 212 on the router and the satelite or only on the router?

Message 85 of 386
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

The only place I found a link for v2.2.1.212 in the NG support pages is to go to Support, Orbi, and select RBK53.  Once on that page, click on Downloads.   Both the 2.2.1.212  and 2.3.0.32 links are there.

Here is a link:  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RBK53.aspx#download

Message 86 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Interesting. The release notes for the interim version clearly denote the intent.
I guess it’s safe to apply now on the RBK50 as well?
Message 87 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

v32 has been reposted:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060603/RBR50-RBS50-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32

This is for both RBR50 and RBK50 series systems only. 

Message 88 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

It has been running like a champ on mine since day 1.

Message 89 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Also v212 is posted in the main download section for the RBR50 series as well. Users need to download this and apply this first to the RBR50 then apply v32 on the RBR. 

Of course, don't forget to update the RBS satellite first before upgrading the RBR. 

Message 90 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Odd that the support document can be gotten to properly from the RBK53 product page but not from the RBK50 one.  And when you open, it clearly states intended for

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32

Anyhoo, diving into the deep end now.  And...

Router Firmware Version
V2.3.0.32

Message 91 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

The 50 series is all inclusive. K is for Kit. Which is the box with a router and 1 or two satellites in the box. 

This includes the RBK50, RBK53, RBK50V, and RBK52W. Which the actual phsycial models in each of these kits is the RBR50 and RSB50.

@gr8sho wrote:

Odd that the support document can be gotten to properly from the RBK53 product page but not from the RBK50 one.  And when you open, it clearly states intended for

RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32

Anyhoo, diving into the deep end now.  And...

Router Firmware Version
V2.3.0.32

Message 92 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Two notable things I noticed immediately.  Apparently the new firmware doesn't like the default password provided and initially offered.  I had used the option to select the original wifi password for admin access.  I'll deal with that one later.

Second was a popup for something called Armor I think.  Can't say I've ever seen an upsell notice during any form of firmware update, so this is a new one on me.

Everything appears operational, although I'll get around to doing a factory reset on both boxes later on to be safe.

And yes I agree the connected device details look better now in the iPhone app.

Cheers.

Message 93 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes after a factory reset and walk thru the setup wizard. Input new values here. 

Read the release notes for new features that may have been added. Smiley Wink

Message 94 of 386
BrendonSF
Guide

For what it's worth, the new 2.3.0.32 firmware is working flawlessly for me so far. 

Message 95 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Just curious, did you manually update your system or was it Auto Updated? 

@BrendonSF wrote:

For what it's worth, the new 2.3.0.32 firmware is working flawlessly for me so far. 

Message 96 of 386
BrendonSF
Guide

@FURRYe38: I manually applied the update. 

Message 97 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset after the Update or just apply and continue? 

@BrendonSF wrote:

@FURRYe38: I manually applied the update. 

Message 98 of 386
BrendonSF
Guide

I just applied the update. No indication that a factory reset is necessary at this point, though I may eventually do one just for good measure if I'm feeling ambitious. 

Perhaps worth noting is that when I upgraded to 2.2.1.20 I performed a reset at that time. 

Message 99 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, Just trying to get a feel of the update processes and if the system is operating well. If you reset before v32, then system is probably good to go. Would be nice if NG finally fixed the auto update and bad operations afterwards. 

Thank you. 

@BrendonSF wrote:

I just applied the update. No indication that a factory reset is necessary at this point, though I may eventually do one just for good measure if I'm feeling ambitious. 

Perhaps worth noting is that when I upgraded to 2.2.1.20 I performed a reset at that time. 

Message 100 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7