Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

timch
Luminary

Just for the record, I’ve never factory reset and my system has run well on all firmware including the latest.
Message 101 of 386
larryindublin
Luminary

One thing I've noted is that Netgear seems to have maximized signal strength in this firmware. As strong as I've ever seen (see images).
Message 102 of 386
TC_in_Montana
Virtuoso

I believe the only time I have ever had to "reset" after a firmware update was going from the 1.xx.xx.xx to 2.xx.xx.xx set.

Message 103 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

Just saw this one. 

I see no option to auto update, and to manually do this, needs the version to update before this latest one.

Is there an option to publicly publish this midle-man version?

I want this weekend to try to upgrade the firmware 

Bug fixes seems to solve my issue, so it got my attention

Message 104 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

Because I cannot edit previous reply.

I understand now the update path , just want to make sure it is correct.

Satellite (first): Update to latest version from the beginning 2.2.1.210 -> 2.3.0.32.

Router (second): Update to inter-midate FW 2.2.1.212 , then latest one 2.3.0.32.  

2.2.210 -> 2.2.1.212 -> 2.3.0.32 

Is that correct?

Message 105 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

That would be it.  Will take all of 3 minutes.

Message 106 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

Let's give it a shot.

Hopefully won't have to factory reset everything after, because that would be pain in the ass now. 

Hopefully my wired speeds issues will be gone with this FW update.

Message 107 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

Good luck!  Tell us when you are done!

The longest part of the update is waiting for the orbi to reboot.  

Message 108 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Update the RBS first. You don't need the v212 for the satellite, Just the RBR. 

@Damit1 wrote:

Because I cannot edit previous reply.

I understand now the update path , just want to make sure it is correct.

Satellite (first): Update to latest version from the beginning 2.2.1.210 -> 2.3.0.32.

Router (second): Update to inter-midate FW 2.2.1.212 , then latest one 2.3.0.32.  

2.2.210 -> 2.2.1.212 -> 2.3.0.32 

Is that correct?

Message 109 of 386
raven_au
Virtuoso

@BrendonSF wrote:

I just applied the update. No indication that a factory reset is necessary at this point, though I may eventually do one just for good measure if I'm feeling ambitious. 

Perhaps worth noting is that when I upgraded to 2.2.1.20 I performed a reset at that time. 

Mine has been running ok for a few days but I'm seeing some strangness.

I'm not sure yet if I will need to a reset to defaults and reconfigure but I suspect that might be needed.

Message 110 of 386
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

I'm not a fan of random resets/starting from scratch etc but I will put it out there that this time around it was worth it. I was having some issues and once I did a erase config from the GUI and configured it again, it's been solid. I'm glad I did it. Its probably too soon to say this but so far, this seems to be the best build ever on the Orbi (for me).
Message 111 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

Upgrade is done. 

Tomorrow is tests day.

Message 112 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

Erase of the Router is enough, and upload a backup?

In case of need, it is easier than the RESET hole for both units. 

Message 113 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

I know users shouldn't have to reset and setup from scratch. Just seen issues with either using autoupdate or apply fw manually and continue. Some reason this seems to make the system not work right. Reset and setup from scratch seems to help solve this. Hoping NG would resolve this. 

If it's working, do a save configuration to file for Backup. Then you can reload this again if you need it for quick configuration after a reset. 

@Jeremyinsf wrote:
I'm not a fan of random resets/starting from scratch etc but I will put it out there that this time around it was worth it. I was having some issues and once I did a erase config from the GUI and configured it again, it's been solid. I'm glad I did it. Its probably too soon to say this but so far, this seems to be the best build ever on the Orbi (for me).

Message 114 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

Does a reset from GUI would make it right?

or got to be HARD RESET from Reset hole

Message 115 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Either method does the same thing...

@Damit1 wrote:

Message 116 of 386
Jeremyinsf
Apprentice

I used the GUI.
Message 117 of 386
Damit1
Apprentice

In that case, would try it tomorrow. 

Hope it will solve it and say hallelujah.

In case it is, will start to suggest some suggestions for next build functions.

Message 118 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 119 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Let us know how it goes after a factory reset and walk thru the setup wizard. Input new values here. 

Read the release notes for new features that may have been added. Smiley Wink

At this point the factory reset will happen tomorrow due to high usage tonight.  However I will comment on a few things.  It will likely take me a few reads to comprehend the release notes, but I'm thinking most may not apply here.  I will start another thread on wifi calling feature of iphones which is the actual reason I bought the Orbi.  As long as wifi calling works reliably, am a happy camper.

This next part is probably not for everyone, but after coming from an Arris BGW210 router and dealing with a myriad of issues, I've been more in line with leaving the router in factory default settings.  In fact the BGW210 contines to be the host router and is configured in IP Passthrough, and is the ONLY modification from stock settings on that device.

Once the RBK50 is factory reset, I will do the same with it and use the defaults it provides, and then propagate all the passwords and SSID to all the clients.

Message 120 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Either method does the same thing...

@Damit1 wrote:

I have a question about this as well.  Many functions in the management console have a section for the base and onther for the satellite.  On the backup settings page no disstinction is made.  Does the procedure stepwise reset both devices and reboot?  I assume yes.  This will be the first time doing setup from PC, but as I said in prior post, I'm intenting to use the defaults provided as much as possible.  I also expect the setup process to automatically detect the hosts LAN subnet and automatically switch to the 10.0.0.x subnet. 

Message 121 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

I believe the RBR ui only resets the RBR. I don't think it sends the reset command to the satelite(s), however maybe this has changed in recent FW versions. Somthing to try. 

I like using the Reset thru the UI as most of the time I'm wired with the router and can set it up from scratch after the reset or load a saved config file. 

Again, ERASE in the UI has been in the UI on most all NG routers and WiFi since the beginning. Same goes for other router mfrs. 

Message 122 of 386
gr8sho
Virtuoso

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I believe the RBR ui only resets the RBR. I don't think it sends the reset command to the satelite(s), however maybe this has changed in recent FW versions. Somthing to try. 

I like using the Reset thru the UI as most of the time I'm wired with the router and can set it up from scratch after the reset or load a saved config file. 

Again, ERASE in the UI has been in the UI on most all NG routers and WiFi since the beginning. Same goes for other router mfrs. 

Ugh.  If it doesn't reset both devices, then I don't see where to factory reset the satellite.  When I logged into the RBS50 web page, it doesn't give me an option to factory reset.  Although I can update the firmware from here!

As and aside, after updating the firmware on the RBR50.  some the clent IP addresses got reordered, and wasn't expecting to see it.  No matter though.

Message 123 of 386
BobDelp
Guide

RBR50 & RBS50 Updated to 2.3.0.32.  I also have an RBS50Y Outdoor still with 2.2.1.204 FW.  Will mis-matched FW effect overall performance?

Thanks,

Bob

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 124 of 386
sc00ter12
Aspirant

No issues upgrading to new FW via expected path. Been running for 2 days without anything abnormal. I didn’t reset it either which was nice to not re-setup again.

Question though-has anyone gotten Netgear Armor working? Every time I click on Security it gives me an error saying “device is offline.”

Thanks.
Message 125 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7