Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Zephyr3200
Aspirant

Re: New - NetGear Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Yes i will update with the satellite hardwired to my computer. But it is very complicated to hardwire my computer to the router. So if i can update the firmware like this, it would be perfect for me. Thanks
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 276 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: New - NetGear Orbi RBR50 / RBS50 Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

You should be fine updating wirelessly... as I said above, wired is preferred but either is ok.

Message 277 of 386
orbilov
Apprentice

Re: New - NetGear Orbi Firmware Version 2.3.0.32 now available...

Wireless is fine,  firmware gets fully downloaded prior to update commencing. The only thing I found doing it over wireless ...  Since one *has to* update RBR50 and should update their RBS as well to both 212 and then 2.3 you have more passes/opportunity seeing a harmless user interface hiccup.

That is sometimes the router settings page came back with success message and where I left off on the firmware management page and sometimes I had to sign back in.  Then a couple of times I had to turn WIFI off on my computer and then turn it back on and let computer and router handshake again over WIFI.    

** Not a problem at all and very common with any kind of work like this with any systems, some of this opportunity seeing harmless user interface hiccups would likely still be seen over a wired update.

Just a reminder be sure to download both the RBR and RBS versions of 212 and 2.3 and put RBR and RBS firmware in separate folders so you can keep them straight.

You must do Satelites firmware updates first, then the router firmware updates (Do all the 212s).  Then again with  2.3,  Sats 1st then router.

Lastly, note that the User interface for the updates might be confusing:   

The page for manual  firmware update is divided into two parts top (Router) and bottom (Satelite with checkboxes for which one if you have more than one).  Yet you have to do Satellites  1st**

Also note that:
-Router section has  BROWSE and UPLOAD buttons
-Satellite section has only an UPDATE  button

Would make more sense if the buttons had the same names and both had BROWSE.

Good Luck.

Message 278 of 386
Zephyr3200
Aspirant

Hi I updated the satellite....everything fine with v2.3.0.32...
But for the RBR50, i had a notification that I don’t have the correct firmware!!!
I downloaded the RBR50-V2.3.0.32.img and i don’t know why it didn’t work.
Thanks for your help.
Message 279 of 386
larryindublin
Luminary

Did you update to the intermediate .212 first on the router? I've read the satellites can be upgraded direct but the router needs the .212 firmware to allow the larger firmware.
Message 280 of 386
orbilov
Apprentice

As noted else where RBR has to use RBR firmware and has to be updated after the Satellites.
They made 212 for Satellites too and i would recommend using it despite peoe sucess going straight to 232 on the Sats/RBS. You will get wrong firmware version if
You use the wrong updater or wrong updater button by accident.
Message 281 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

You need to update to v212 first on the RBR, then v32 last. 

@Zephyr3200 wrote:
Hi I updated the satellite....everything fine with v2.3.0.32...
But for the RBR50, i had a notification that I don’t have the correct firmware!!!
I downloaded the RBR50-V2.3.0.32.img and i don’t know why it didn’t work.
Thanks for your help.

Message 282 of 386
porlockweir
Guide

Thanks for the advice - I'd had to do this with my prevuous Nighthawk but it's a real pain having to set eveyting up from scratch as the backup never seems to include every setting.  I finally got it to work last weekend after 3 factory defaults, including one due to it randomly deciding to block allowed devices on access control.  Perhaps Netgear needs to look at other technology manufacturers to see how a firmware update should work, as my experience with this one was very poor with hours wasted due to the bugs they didn’t spot.  I now have had Armor running for a week and it seems pretty good especially with he unlimited device subscription to Bitdefender – only issue so far is that it has declared my ReadyNAS that has just been updated to the latest firmware (a much better experience than the Orbi!) as being insecure even though it should be locked down - but irritatingly just displays a blank box when I click on it to find out what this issue is.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 283 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes factory resets seem to be needed after doing autoupdates. I know it's a pain to setup. 

However I recommend after doing a factory reset and set up from scratch, do a new BACKUP configuration to file so that you have a new back up file to use with the new FW update. In some cases, the older backup configs may or may not work so to avoid any issues, it's best to save off a new after a FW update and configuration has been completed. 

@porlockweir wrote:

Thanks for the advice - I'd had to do this with my prevuous Nighthawk but it's a real pain having to set eveyting up from scratch as the backup never seems to include every setting.  I finally got it to work last weekend after 3 factory defaults, including one due to it randomly deciding to block allowed devices on access control.  Perhaps Netgear needs to look at other technology manufacturers to see how a firmware update should work, as my experience with this one was very poor with hours wasted due to the bugs they didn’t spot.  I now have had Armor running for a week and it seems pretty good especially with he unlimited device subscription to Bitdefender – only issue so far is that it has declared my ReadyNAS that has just been updated to the latest firmware (a much better experience than the Orbi!) as being insecure even though it should be locked down - but irritatingly just displays a blank box when I click on it to find out what this issue is.

Message 284 of 386
spas
Guide

Updated from 2.2.1.210 to 2.3.0.32 and now have issues. I purchased the RBK53 Costco pack (1-RBR50/2-RBS50s) a couple years back and have NOT have any issues with ANY firmware versions till now. I separated the 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs as per instructions from another thread since the beginning.

I went through the manual firmware upgrade procedure from V1.210 and installed V0.32 (thru 2.2.1.212) without issue (satellites first, then base unit). The RBR50 is in Router Mode.

1: Traffic Meter no longer is complying statistics.

2: The IOS App incorrectly shows the network map. I’m configured as a STAR, but the app bounces between STAR and Daisy-Chain topology.

3: The WEB GUI | ATTACHED DEVICES | CONNECTED SATELLITES | Bounces between “GOOD” and “Conifg Sync” status all the time.

4: Internet connectivity drops multiple times a day. Never happened with previous firmware versions.

5: After rebooting the Orbis. It usually 2-3 days for all the IP devices (24) to “settle –in” as I call it, where wireless devices attach to either Router or Satellite based on distance/proximity. This has been disrupted with V0.32. It was stable before but no longer. Some IP devices jump from one Orbi to another like never before.

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?

Message 285 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

We haven't seen or heard of others with these issues. 

Possible separation of SSIDs is causing problems. It's not supported officially. 

I would do a factory reset ON the entire system and setup from scratch. Walk thru the setup wizard and get it all going again. I recommend this time, do not separate the SSIDs. Leave single SSID and let it run for a bit. Factory reset has been known to clear up problems seen after a auto/FW update. 

Satelites wired or wireless connected to the base ? 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Disable Daisy Chain temporarily after setting up from scratch and check status and behavior. 

@spas wrote:

Updated from 2.2.1.210 to 2.3.0.32 and now have issues. I purchased the RBK53 Costco pack (1-RBR50/2-RBS50s) a couple years back and have NOT have any issues with ANY firmware versions till now. I separated the 2.4 and 5ghz SSIDs as per instructions from another thread since the beginning.

I went through the manual firmware upgrade procedure from V1.210 and installed V0.32 (thru 2.2.1.212) without issue (satellites first, then base unit). The RBR50 is in Router Mode.

2: The IOS App incorrectly shows the network map. I’m configured as a STAR, but the app bounces between STAR and Daisy-Chain topology.

3: The WEB GUI | ATTACHED DEVICES | CONNECTED SATELLITES | Bounces between “GOOD” and “Conifg Sync” status all the time.

4: Internet connectivity drops multiple times a day. Never happened with previous firmware versions.

5: After rebooting the Orbis. It usually 2-3 days for all the IP devices (24) to “settle –in” as I call it, where wireless devices attach to either Router or Satellite based on distance/proximity. This has been disrupted with V0.32. It was stable before but no longer. Some IP devices jump from one Orbi to another like never before.

Message 286 of 386
dklimas
Apprentice

If I save a backup from the 210 FW can I restore that to the 32 FW? I really don't want to have to go through inputting all the static IP's again.

Right now I have all three satellites updated to 32 and everything seems to be working as expected. I'm hesitent to update the router.

Is QoS working in the 32 update?

Message 287 of 386
dklimas
Apprentice

@spas wrote:

I was having similar issues running 210 with three satellites. There was one that was always in "Config sync" mode and my WiFi calling on my mobile device was showing an error when connected to that satellite. It seemed to be an issue when the app shows at least one of the satellites daisy chained to another satellite. This was with the Daisy Chain check box "unchecked". So I decided to update the satellites FW to 32 and keep the Daisy Chain check box checked. I also updated them all in the same room next to each other and made sure the UI reported "good" before moving them to their locations. Which btw two of the three are about 50+ ft from the router and several walls in between! I was shocked they were connecting directly to the router. My mobile reports the full 866Mbps connection on all three. Everything is working as expected now and the app shows the satellites connected directly to the router. So I'm going to leave the router's FW at 210 for now and see what happens. So far so good. 

Message 288 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

I believe that under .32 if you are in a "star" config (all satellites reporting directly to the router) you should have daisy chain UNCHECKED.

Of course this only matters if you have more than one satellite on your network.

Message 289 of 386
dklimas
Apprentice

@Chuck_M wrote:

I believe that under .32 if you are in a "star" config (all satellites reporting directly to the router) you should have daisy chain UNCHECKED.

Of course this only matters if you have more than one satellite on your network.

I figured it was probably fixed in 32, but it appears that the 210 check box is backwards.

Message 290 of 386
Chuck_M
Mentor

Some people say that, but I am not sure if that was fact or fiction since backhaul was fairly dicked up in previous versions.  Seems to be pretty tight now under .32

Message 291 of 386

Hello All,

Since upgrading from v2.2.1.210 (via v2.2.1.212), my satellites ( one RBS50 and two RBW30) frequently perform a "config sync". I've performed a factory reset on all devices and it continues to "config sync". Any other ideas?

Message 292 of 386
orbilov
Apprentice

Assuming you did upgrade to 2.3.02 after 2.12 pit stop?
Message 293 of 386
orbilov
Apprentice

Sorry meant 2.30.32 but for your rbw30 it looks like 2.3.04

https://kb.netgear.com/000060601/RBW30-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-4
Message 294 of 386

Yes, all are on the latest firmware.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System, RBW30| Orbi Wall Plug Satellite
Message 295 of 386

Also, the RBR50 is in AP mode. The WAN port is connected to Verizon FIOS router.

Message 296 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Is Daisy chain enabled? Try disabling it. 

@1midniterider wrote:

Hello All,

Since upgrading from v2.2.1.210 (via v2.2.1.212), my satellites ( one RBS50 and two RBW30) frequently perform a "config sync". I've performed a factory reset on all devices and it continues to "config sync". Any other ideas?

Message 297 of 386
spas
Guide

Thanks to all responders...I reverted back to .210 on the router and both satelittes this morning... So far, so good - All issues --> gone...

- traffic meter working again,

- IOS app (2.3.0.31) correcly displaying (STAR) topology,

- Web GUI - no more satellite "config sync" bounces, satelittes show "good" all the time

- no internet drops.

- devices already connecting to closest Orbi

I guess I'll wait till the next firmware release before thinking about upgrading...

Cheers!

Message 298 of 386
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you factory reset and setup from scratch after updating to v32? 

Was Daisy chain enabled? Disable it if it was. 

Others are not reporting these issues after a reset. Next time please give feedback to questions presented to you. Helpful to know more of what you did. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-32-now-available/m-p/1...

@spas wrote:

Thanks to all responders...I reverted back to .210 on the router and both satelittes this morning... So far, so good - All issues --> gone...

- traffic meter working again,

- IOS app (2.3.0.31) correcly displaying (STAR) topology,

- Web GUI - no more satellite "config sync" bounces, satelittes show "good" all the time

- no internet drops.

- devices already connecting to closest Orbi

I guess I'll wait till the next firmware release before thinking about upgrading...

Cheers!

Message 299 of 386

I had disabled it and was still getting the config sync issue. I see where one user reverted back to .210 to correct the issue. Maybe I'll give that a try.

Message 300 of 386
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7