Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Netgear Genie App

Tutor

New Netgear Genie App

I am really impressed with the new Genie App. It looks and feels modern and is more functional now. I am now able to control my Orbi router with this app very well. It can still get better but so far I love it. 

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 28
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Just had a quick look around the app and that's one hell of an improvement since I tried it a few weeks ago.

Looks good 😀 Well done !
Message 2 of 28
Mgomez85
Apprentice

So just tested it out this new feature about Alexa and decided to give it a try and yup! Says my router is not support when trying to enable remote access not surprise! But Orbi is listed as one of the router that supports this feature 😞 stop adding teaser netgear if we can't use them! 😩😩
Message 3 of 28
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Just tried this and it worked first time 😀
Enabled Remote Access in Genie app
Enabled Netgear skill in Alexa app - had to login to Netgear
Now up and running.

Message 4 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Finally an app for the orbi that it deserves. Looks good netgear.
Message 5 of 28
fljoemon
Guide

Curious .. is everyone talking about the Netgear Genie app or Netgear Orbi app? Which is the one you use for the Orbi?

Message 6 of 28
Tutor

Netgear Genie App. This new app has everything that Orbi App has and even more.
Message 7 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Orbi app blows. Please don't compare them.
Message 8 of 28
cue003
Apprentice

So now you can use one app whereas before you had to use 2 apps???
Message 9 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

I only used the genie app. As previously mentions orbi app blows. It's completely useless.
Message 10 of 28
loomis1975
Luminary

The PC desktop app doesn't appear to have had a makeover yet.  At least the visuals.

Message 11 of 28
Odymann
Guide

Netgear need to make Parental Control easier to use and control. Linksys and Asus seems to have better control of the computers. Also, Make the Genie App web based so it can assessed by any computer rather than installing the software. Linksys router control can be easily accessed by on Chrome or IE without any installation.

Message 12 of 28
dbnaples
Initiate

The NetGear Genie Android app was just ruined. The Traffic meter no longer shows the actual usage! it provides only a bar graph. The actual usage in MB is gone. Can't monitor against ISP without it. Horrible design change! Are there third party apps which work?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 13 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

This new app. Sucks doesn't work can't log in, says router not supported, can't log in remotely,

old app worked great, not enough contrast between back ground and icons.

BRING BACK OLD APP.

Message 14 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Sounds like user error.
Message 15 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

No not user error, it's a dud app, old one worked fine, 

Message 16 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

This one works better. I still say user error
Message 17 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

Says 'this router does not support remote log in' -- old app logged in fine, how can that be user error.????

deleted app re down loaded, rebooted router, rebooted iPad -- same error. What am I surpose to use my left hand with one eye shut to make it work? 

Message 18 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Your doing it wrong
Message 19 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

Should be standing on one foot also at the same time has I'm using left hand and one eye shut, ok understand.

Message 20 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

Just realise what I'm doing wrong, I'm using Netgear when I should be using another brand.

Thats what the problem is. Netgear R8500 not supported by New App, who would release new software

without  thoroughly testing it first ----  let me think ---  Yes. Netgear!   Not only does it not work new  architecture is a dud also,  BRING BACK OLD APP

Message 21 of 28
Rustproofcorn
Luminary

Your funny.
Message 22 of 28
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Is this the Netgear Orbi thread ?

Message 23 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

I'm frustrated with software that doesn't work, has bugs and is  released by a major company like Netgear, when all they had to do was do improvements to the existing  architecture on a product that work for most of the time worked  @ 95% plus. Someone's great idea let's redesign the whole thing again and  frustrate the hell out of Netgear's customers while they fix all the bugs.

Message 24 of 28
Johnjones1
Guide

No this is Netgear's customer's  frustration page about their new genie app.

Message 25 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 30 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7