Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Netgear Genie app drains iPhone battery quickly

Guytech
Apprentice

New Netgear Genie app drains iPhone battery quickly

Has anyone else noticed a significant batery power drainage with the new Genie app? I noticed it while playing around in network map. One can actually see how the percentage drops down. Maybe someone can give the tech guys a heads-up on this?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: New Netgear Genie app drains iPhone battery quickly

Hello Guytech

Are you saying you are seeing the drainage when using it or with it running in the background or both?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Guytech
Apprentice

Hi Darren

I noticed it when connected to my local network and seems only when browsing around in the network map section. I did not notice the same issue when connected remotely with the same app. Running in the backround did not cause any significant battery drainage.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for the info I will look into it and report the issue.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
bllco
Initiate

I have noticed the same thing - I was looking for a solution, and stumbled on the forum. 

I got my system yesterday, and I have been struggling with stablizing the system. As a result, I've run the app often to try query the system for what devices are connected and to re-add my satellite. My Galaxy S5, which usually goes from 100% to 80% in a day, is now at 31%. And I had to recharge it already as well.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 5 of 6
Guytech
Apprentice

Yes, this is definitely still a problem. I hope it will get fixed soon...
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7