Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi 2.1 firmware

jmschnur923
Luminary

New Orbi 2.1 firmware

Who here have downloaded the new 2.1 firmware and find it works well?

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Hydro130
Luminary

@jmschnur923 wrote:

It's working great for me - installed ~24 hours ago, and I have no operability issues so far.

I wasn't having any issues with last few f/w versions either though.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 12

All Replies
AC641
Luminary

Firmware v2.1 manually installed and no problems whatsoever.  But then I have not had any problems in over 6 months of ownership.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 12
JMU1998
Luminary

Can anyone please list the correct steps to upgrade Firmware for those who are little more tech inclined.  including how to clean out nvram etc...

Message 3 of 12
Hydro130
Luminary

@jmschnur923 wrote:

It's working great for me - installed ~24 hours ago, and I have no operability issues so far.

I wasn't having any issues with last few f/w versions either though.

Message 4 of 12
st_shaw
Master

Installed v2.1 yesterday with no issues noted so far.  No special procedures, no NVRAM clearing, etc.  Just a manual install via admin GUI, updating the satellite first. The only issues I've had since installing Orbi in January '17 have been due to misconfiguration of other devices on the network--Sonos on the same channel, running other WiFi routers, placing other wireless devices too close to Orbi, etc.

Message 5 of 12
JMU1998
Luminary

@st_shaw I would like to use the nvram clear method, I used the speedtest built in Orbi and I suspect some of my buffering issues are because of that.  I want to start as clean as possible with this Firmware version on the Orbi.  if you could send me instructions of best practice including nvram clear step that would be fantastic. I know how to enable telnet.

Message 6 of 12
Dustin278
Apprentice

@jmschnur923 wrote:

I have installed v2.1.1.12 without any problems at all coming from v2.0.0.74 - never had any problems with my Orbi for the past 8 months except for the S8 bug that was resolved after an Android update a month later..

I feel that the newest v2.1 has an even farther range at my home into my yard after the latest update.

Message 7 of 12
jmschnur923
Luminary

Works for me as well

Message 8 of 12
jmschnur923
Luminary

Satellites do not show attached devices although they show up in router.

Message 9 of 12
pfworks
Guide

After the update, as before, I still have to power cycle my satellite several times per day, sometimes every 1-2 hours as it still drops internet connection.

Message 10 of 12
sleepr88
Apprentice

I just want my money back (out of return window)... I will never buy, or recommend any Netgear product again... they have taken way too long to fix any of the issues with the Orbi system

Message 11 of 12
sleepr88
Apprentice

TP-link, Linksys, and others have already gotten it fixed... How long for a Chromecast/Android fix Netgear?

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7