Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi -- Connection Issues and Drops (tales of woe)

masonworld
Apprentice

New Orbi -- Connection Issues and Drops (tales of woe)

Hey there;

I just installed an Orbi system with 2 sats last month.  I'm connected to a ATT UVerse router in passthrough mode.  

My users (my wife and kids) are complaing about unrelialble connections on their iphones and macs.  Here is the most common case:

--  Internet appears to be connected but data throughput somtimes drops to zero.  Switching from WiFi to LTE (on the phone) loads the page immediately.  Sometimes, turnning WiFi off and then on again on the device fixes the issue.  My wife is so frustrated, she has WiFI off on her phone most days.

Any know issues with ATT UVerse or with iPhone now?  I have been searching the forums here, but there were so many issues at release, I am having a hard time understanding the current situation.  

Regards,
Mark

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
southflguy
Star

I'm having the exact same issues you are (and also have the same u-verse setup).  The Orbi is dropping all wireless connections randomly.  Randomly rebooting.  At first I thought it was AT&T fiber service, but it isn't.  The service stays connected the entire time while the Orbi drops.  I'm not sure what's going on.  I've had the Orbi for over a year now and when I first got it, it had similar issues but subsequent firmware updates fixed it. 

Message 2 of 3
masonworld
Apprentice

That's helpfup -- thanks.

As it happens, I am considering ditching UVerse due to bandwith caps and other issues (like the fact that I suspect they are partially to blame for my Orbi problems).  

The cable guy (yuck) is coming out Friday to install a cable modem.  I will have both running at once -- so I will be able to switch back and forth between UVerse and cable to do some testing.

If I stil have problems with the cable modem then I will know that the Orbi is the probem and will consider moving to the Linksys.

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7