Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Orbi Firmware 2.3.1.48

pablohoney
Luminary

New Orbi Firmware 2.3.1.48

Hi all,

I just notice a new firmware update is available. I haven’t installed it yet but will do so now.
Message 1 of 22
ZombieSlyer
Aspirant

Trying it now hope it brings the separate ssid back and stable
Message 2 of 22
ZombieSlyer
Aspirant

My two sbs50 are still dropping the connection with.48 and separate ssid’s

How do I undue the separation and get my satellites working again? And once that is done how can you turn off 5.4ghz when adding difficult devices?
Message 3 of 22
pablohoney
Luminary

Every time that I either reboot my Orbi or update the firmware I lose wifi calling on my iPhone and either I have to turn off my broadband supplier modem and turn it back on and/or ring my mobile phone provider and get them to reset my profile on my iPhone 😡
Message 4 of 22
CrimpOn
Guru

@pablohoney wrote:
I just notice a new firmware update is available. I haven’t installed it yet but will do so now.

Can you post a link to this new release?

Message 5 of 22
CrimpOn
Guru

Never mind.  It was an automatic update from Netgear.  Should have checked first.  "My Bad"

Message 6 of 22
gr8sho
Virtuoso

If having the wireless carrier reset something in their backend systems works, great, but if WiFi calling was working before a firmware update, my money is on the router being at fault and is in need of a reset.
Message 7 of 22
pablohoney
Luminary

Yeah, it’s a strange one as I’ve rebooted the Orbi and my suppliers router and no joy.
Message 8 of 22
gr8sho
Virtuoso

Even after a factory reset?
Message 9 of 22

Can't cuz there aint' one.  Searched the entire Internet, no release notes.  Just go ahead and step on that land mine, no problem.   

I know I'm old-fashioned but none of their **bleep** ever has date stamps either.

What a ridiciulous outfit.

Message 10 of 22
KingJamesKing
Aspirant

Already updated RBR50 and two RBS satellites from .44. I can't find release notes but upgrade went fine and no issues last hour

Message 11 of 22
albertkarsa
Aspirant

Beware, this is buggy release. I cannot ping the satellite, and i'm unable to ping any devices directly connected to the satellite. Rolling back.

Message 12 of 22
KingJamesKing
Aspirant

@albertkarsa wrote:

Beware, this is buggy release. I cannot ping the satellite, and i'm unable to ping any devices directly connected to the satellite. Rolling back.

I have no issues pinging my satellites or devices attached to them.....seems to be stable so far

Message 13 of 22
albertkarsa
Aspirant

I have fixed the connectivity issue by completing factory reset on the satellite. Issue has been resolved.

Message 14 of 22
pablohoney
Luminary

I shouldn’t have to do a factory reset every time I need to reboot my router or there is a firmware update in order to get wifi calling working again. I’m in a different part of the country using a different wifi network and wifi calling is working fine so it is the bloody router at home 😡😡😡😡
Message 15 of 22
Zephyr3200
Aspirant

Hi

do i have to to a factory reset on v.48 even if I have done it when I installed the v.44?

thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 16 of 22
tgltgl
Star

I wouldn't if everything is working correctly and you are seeing your normal speeds and stability after the upgrade (not only for this firmware upgrade but in general I would never do it when going between minor releases which the release number indicates this one is).

Message 17 of 22
wjthompson
Aspirant

Nobody has yet been able to find release notes?

Message 18 of 22
orbilov
Apprentice

New Orbi Firmware 2.3.1.48

RBK53 decided to do the automated update via the orbinet web status page instead of waiting for it to happen on its own. Happened in under 10 minutes across rbr50 and two rbs50. Only hiccup was needing to reboot rbr50 shortly after update. Other then that running like a top so far.
Message 19 of 22
ZombieSlyer
Aspirant

Is anyone running the new firmware successfully with separate ssid’s?
Message 20 of 22
snikker17
Guide

When on the Firmware Update page, you should click on the link it provides under Status first, before blindly clicking "update" or "update all" under Online Update. Then you would have seen this:

Current Version: V2.3.1.44
New Version: V2.3.1.48
Release Notes:
[Bug Fix] Fixes the GUI display issue when the language is set to Japanese.

Also, when doing Firmware Updates its best to do it manually, not online, and always do the satelite unit first.

So if you go to Netgear and dont see a version higher than yours available for download, dont update.

Message 21 of 22
gr8sho
Virtuoso

That's all well and good if the Orbi doesn't automatically attempt to update itself which is the default behavior of the product.

I still don't understand how sw_ was able to get a switch on firmware update screen.
Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7