Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

New Orbi Firmware Not Installing

UncleBrett
Guide

New Orbi Firmware Not Installing

Orbi app keeps showing me new firmware exists. Whenever I tell the app to install the firmware, it tells me it did it but it didn't. Have tried numerous times and it won't actually update the firmware. Current firmware is 2.3.5.30 and the new firmware that is available but not installing is 2.5.2.4.

Message 1 of 3
Mstrbig
Master

Re: New Orbi Firmware Not Installing

@UncleBrett wrote:

Orbi app keeps showing me new firmware exists. Whenever I tell the app to install the firmware, it tells me it did it but it didn't. Have tried numerous times and it won't actually update the firmware. Current firmware is 2.3.5.30 and the new firmware that is available but not installing is 2.5.2.4.

Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/

Type in your system, go to downloads, download your firmware, go to orbilogin.com > Advanced > Administration > Firmware Update > Manual Update and manually update the firmware on the satellites first, then the router. 

Message 2 of 3
UncleBrett
Guide

Re: New Orbi Firmware Not Installing

The way I finally got it to install the firmware update was by doing a master reset of the orbi using a paper clip on the back of the unit. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7